Re: Analytics/reporting tool - email addresses

Anonymous
Not applicable

Analytics/reporting tool - email addresses

Hi there,

In the analytics tool, is there a way to pull/export the report so that it includes email addresses?

Currently, when I export a particular report it doesn't include email addresses -- so it appears that I'd have to go into the report and click each name one-by-one to copy & paste the email addresses into a separate Excel doc (we want to pull this report and send a message to these people, but we can't do that without the email addresses).
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

If you want to email people, I would create a Smart list instead of a Report. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I thought originally as well. So I set up a smart list with the same exact filters the report is using, and it doesn't pull nearly as many leads as are in the report (the report pulls about 400, the smart list pulls 3). I have no idea why it wouldn't pull the same people if it's the exact same logic.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mariah,

Have you edited your "Default view" before exporting the report?
When in your leads list: List action > Edit Default
Add "Email" field (You may already have one, add it again) In my Marketo, there is a problem as well and I need to add the Email field two times.

Then you will have two columns of Email.
In your Report after exporting, you should then not miss any email address.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can create your own view or edit the default view. In my case I created my own view that has all the columns I need to report leads, lead owner, lead score, etc. 

0EM50000000STnI.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I think you both are referring to editing the default view in Smart Lists -- which I do understand how to do. What's not clear is how to do this in the Analytics tool in a Report. I do not see an option to edit the default view anywhere:

0EM50000000SToQ.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mariah - make sure your logic rules are set the same (e.g. AND/OR).  Does this make sense?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the logic rules for the smart list in the report and the smart list I created copying the same rules are exactly the same. They both use ALL.