Alert emails not coming through

Anonymous
Not applicable

Alert emails not coming through

I have an triggered email campaign that appears to be working. I have a campaign called "Send Alert Email" that does 2 things: (1) it sends an alert email to a specified person in sales, (2) it changes the campagn success from false to true.  

This morning I came in and was dismayed that I hadn't received a single email reply because I coped myself on the email alert (along with the sales guy). Then I went in to check the campaign results and there were 5 customers listed, all of whom filled out the forms and supposedly the alert email was sent and the result changed to true.  I never got the alert email. As the morning went on, I started to get alert emails from other customers getting the email an filling out the form. So, things were working again. I never did get the five alerts for the original 5 customers.  

I have a new smaller campaign that I just executed -- same thing is happening. Everything looks good. The results say that the alert email was sent to me and the success was changed to true.

What's ahppening?  Why am I not getting the alert emails?

-Paul 
Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Alert emails not coming through

1. Did you check spam box?
2. Are you definitely using Send Alert?
3. Did you put in your email separated by commas?
4. did you ask support to investigate? maybe there was a hiccup.
5. did your smart list block something?
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Did you check spam box?  Nothing there...
2. Are you definitely using Send Alert? Definitely using Send Alert...
3. Did you put in your email separated by commas? Yup...
4. did you ask support to investigate? maybe there was a hiccup. Just filed a case...
5. did your smart list block something? Not that I can see...

I just changed the campaign a bit and instead of using work email addresses for the alerts, I used personal emails and it worked beautifully... there is some reason why Marketo is not sending to my wok email addresses which is weird because it always worked before... 

Thanks. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same thing just started happening for me. Has worked fine for the past two years and we made no changes that would have caused this. Did you ever find out what caused this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue - did you ever find out what was wrong? I'm going to issue a support case as well, because this is very strange.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Olof KristjansdottirAndrew Sheridan​ Good morning. Sorry you are experiencing this issue. Can you do me a favor. Can you go into your preferences and try to turn on your email notifications again (assuming they are off). Go here to do this: https://nation.marketo.com/user-preferences!input.jspa

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Scott. Email notifications are turned on, so that doesn't seem to be creating this issue. I have contacted Marketo support and I'm now waiting for their reply.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email notification setting in the community were also not the issue for me. The alerts started magically working again the other day while I was on the phone with support. No solution/cause was found. Please update if you are able to discover the cause.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep us posted on all of this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would the smart list for EXCL-Employees be preventing this? I am having the same issue. I am testing out an iframe form on our website and my program is active so I can't figure out why our alert email is not getting to the listed email.

Did you guys ever get an answer to your issue?

Thanks!