SOLVED

After Merge, Need to Wipe Acquisition Program

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

After Merge, Need to Wipe Acquisition Program

I merged 2 contacts and for some reason the final result took on the Acquisition Program of the most recent contact, which is wrong. I am looking to wipe (erase) the current Acquisition Program, but the system won't allow this - you HAVE to pick another program in the Change Data Value step. In this case, the lead was simply created in Salesforce years ago so I don't want to align it with any acquisition program.

Any thoughts?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: After Merge, Need to Wipe Acquisition Program

Naor, you can remove the value in the Acquisition Program and/or Acquisition Date field by using "NULL" as the New Value in the Change Data Value flow action.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Naor, you can remove the value in the Acquisition Program and/or Acquisition Date field by using "NULL" as the New Value in the Change Data Value flow action.
Anonymous
Not applicable

ahhhh I had tried variations of this and did not get it to 'take'. Thanks Elliott, hope all is well!
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh wait wait...let's back that up for a second. Seems it gives me an error that no new value was selected. So it was not succesful. Argh 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Below is a screen shot of the Change Data Value flow action that I am able to succesfully use to blank out the Acquisition Program field value.  If you are doing this and getting an error, you should open a case with tech support.

0EM50000000QSx8.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

The selection is not the problem, its the final output when I run the campaign. The RESULTS tab shows an error because NULL is not a valid program. Have you tried this before with success?
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh seem it is very picky about NULL vs. null (lower case). I tried it your way and it took the values. Thanks for your help in figuring this mystery out.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - I should have stressed that you must use all upper case "NULL".