SOLVED

After changing data value of Sector in Marketo, it changes back to the original via SFDC synch

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

After changing data value of Sector in Marketo, it changes back to the original via SFDC synch

Hi all,

I am trying to change the Sector data value for a long list of leads on MArketo (which are also on SFDC). After having changed many of these, i realised that the Sector of the ones in SFDC changes back to the original, via SFDC synch. Meaning that all my work was basically lost. I am not sure why that happens, but the following are the messages i got on the Activity log of an example lead:

0EM50000000SBP3.jpg

0EM50000000SBP8.jpg

Please let me know if you know why this is happening and how to fix it! 

Thanks,
Alexia
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: After changing data value of Sector in Marketo, it changes back to the original via SFDC synch

Alexia,

Is the field you're trying to change on the Account table? Marketo to SFDC Accounts is read-only by default, whereas SFDC Leads and Contacts are bi-directional.

Dataloader would work. If you need to have Marketo be able to write to Accounts, you could see if their support team is willing to turn it on, though it comes with warning labels.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: After changing data value of Sector in Marketo, it changes back to the original via SFDC synch

I ran into a similar issue where our country field changing for records in Marketo due to an account's billing country being updated.   Check in field management what fields in SFDC are syncing to that field.  If the Sector field is on the lead and account records, your SFDC contacts are likely being changed to match what is on the account record.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your list is long, and most contacts are in SFDC, I'd use data loader and change the information that you want in SFDC. It'll then sync over to Marketo. This might be a faster way of mass updating your data.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alexia,

Is the field you're trying to change on the Account table? Marketo to SFDC Accounts is read-only by default, whereas SFDC Leads and Contacts are bi-directional.

Dataloader would work. If you need to have Marketo be able to write to Accounts, you could see if their support team is willing to turn it on, though it comes with warning labels.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, Thank you very much for all your valuable responses, i will go ahead and use data loader. Thanks, Alexia