SOLVED

AEM integrations with Marketo - Share possible options

Go to solution
reteshsingh
Level 2

AEM integrations with Marketo - Share possible options

Hello All, Please share your experiences..

We have a website build using AEM as a CMS, our forms are sightly components developed in AEM. I am looking out for options to integrate existing forms with Marketo. We prefer to keep the content in AEM as is, and find a way to send the data to Marketo when a user fills out a form and click submit button to contact us.

I am currently reviewing these two links if it solves my purpose:-

1. Background submission approach - https://developers.marketo.com/blog/make-a-marketo-form-submission-in-the-background/
  2. ACS Commons - https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/marketo-form/index.html
  3. Exploring more solution option - ALL, feel free to enlighten me on those.

Does any one have solved similar problem for their business needs? If yes, please share what solution path you opted.

Thanks All, Have a great day ahead!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: AEM integrations with Marketo - Share possible options

I recommend the background Marketo form submission by far.

The Commons option has a clear DDoS vulnerability because it uses REST API calls. (There's a time and a place for the REST API in your own code, but packaged code using the REST API should be avoided if it's possible, as it is here.) It also has a race condition in its use of the OAuth token, as so many such "lite" packages do.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi @reteshsingh , I will defer to @SanfordWhiteman here since he has the most expertise, but I believe background submission of the Marketo form should accomplish what you need. 

reteshsingh
Level 2

Thanks @Phillip_Wild

Hello @SanfordWhiteman  - when you get a chance please look respond to this post. Thanks in advance!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I recommend the background Marketo form submission by far.

The Commons option has a clear DDoS vulnerability because it uses REST API calls. (There's a time and a place for the REST API in your own code, but packaged code using the REST API should be avoided if it's possible, as it is here.) It also has a race condition in its use of the OAuth token, as so many such "lite" packages do.