Adwords Marketo Integration

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adwords Marketo Integration

Hi All,

We use Adwords and encounter some scenarios on a regular basis. We had some concerns which I am listing down here. Was curious regarding to what extent can Marketo help us out with this.

Concern I:

We currently have one single Google Adrwords account in which we do both jobseekers and employers ads. So, as per past observations; we receive 20% of jobseekers through employer(recruiter) campaigns. Likewise, we also get about 10% of employers from jobseekers campaigns.

The concern here is the leak of jobseekers and employer campaigns and vice versa.

If we go ahead and integrate Adwords with Marketo, how will we be able to differentiate between an employer and a jobseeker ?

Concern II:

How effective will Marketo be in Google Adwords parameters like CPC, CPM and Average Position; to automate our bids based upon campaign performance.

Following will be a likely scenario -

Example:

If we run a Campaign1 on AdWords

Through MarketO we create different landing Pages and do some A-B Testing.

In case of B Scenario, If we could change

The Cost Per Click = 7

Average position might be improved to 1.2. So as we could spend upto Rs.100 per acquisition we could increase the bid and could improve our chances of higher CTR. Could this be automated through Marketo based on the rules we provide.

Thank You

Prabash Rath

Babajob.com, Bangalore, India.

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Adwords Marketo Integration

No, Marketo will only track your AdGroups or Ads based on how you setup the landing pages by Program...as far as I know.

Add Google AdWords as a LaunchPoint Service - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Marketo isn't going to automate your ads the way you describe. You could create a Status that helps you track the Job Seeker vs. others by Program. You would need a campaign and smart list to manage that.