Re: AdWords and Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

AdWords and Marketo

Hey all:

I am trying to get AdWords set up in Launchpoint for Marketo (obviously) using this doc. I followed the steps but noticed that it doesn't say Google AdWords in the service (says Google Customer Match). I proceeded using that, got it "successfully" set up, however from there I am not able to proceed with the how to as the directions are not accurate with what I am seeing- it says to select Next and I am getting cancel only. I checked AdWords and I am not seeing Marketo in there either. Can someone please help with what I am doing wrong?? Thank you.

pastedImage_1.png

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning Josh

I apologize for the delay here. Per my original ask- I had already used that document and I followed the steps but noticed that it doesn't say Google AdWords in the service (says Google Customer Match). I proceeded using that, got it "successfully" set up, however from there I am not able to proceed with the how to as the directions are not accurate with what I am seeing- it says to select Next and I am getting cancel only. I checked AdWords and I am not seeing Marketo in there either. What am i doing wrong? Did i misread the communication you had sent? Thank you.

Hobie_Thompson1
Level 4

Brienne,

It's a bit confusing, and somewhat dependant on what you are trying to accomplish with AdWords. What you have now set-up (Customer Match) is used to push over retargeting leads from your Marketo database to AdWords. This would be done through AdBridge, with a Static List or Smart List - through either the 'List Actions' dropdown or by clicking the AdBridge icon (looks like a target) on a given list. See screenshots below.  Then, you can utilize this list in your AdWords campaigns, or find it in your AdWords Audience Manager.

You can also use AdWords to push offline conversions to Marketo - see those instructions here: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Set+Google+AdWords+Conversions+in+the+Revenue+Model

Set Google AdWords Conversions in the Revenue Model - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Hope this clarifies things!

adbridge_list_actions.PNG

adbridge_icon.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response. I will review closely and reach out if i have questions. Thank you

Scott_McClintoc
Level 1

Aha! That's what was missing from the original instructions. HOW to use the connection once you have it set-up.

Thanks