SOLVED

Advice for building our entire Resource Center using Marketo pages...

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice for building our entire Resource Center using Marketo pages...

Hi Marketo Commiunity,
My compnay is rolling out a new website where we want to house our entire resource center on Marketo pages (downloadable things like whitepapers, videos, etc.) There will be about 40 initially for me to create and then I will be adding one a month after that. Before I go creating all of this....

Does anyone have advice for best practices about how to set this up using programs? There will be a main "Resource Center" page on our website domain and when you click through on any of them it will open on a Marketo landing page with a form. Logically, I see a few ways to do this.... 

1. Create 1 program "Resource Center" with tons of Landing Pages in it (and the trigger campaigns that fire off an email to deliver their requested resource)
2. Create a program per resource or resource type. 
3. Are there other ways? 

Other things... 
- Should we use one global form? 
- For reporting purposes we will want to have a way to tell the top downloaded resource
- In CRM we will want a lead/contact record showing what resources they have downloaded in the past.

Much appreciated!!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice for building our entire Resource Center using Marketo pages...

Mary,

You're asking all of the right questions, and for most of them, there is not one right answer. Everyone does their tracking slightly different. Here are my opinions:
  • Having one program will keep things tidy, but if you want to identify a single piece of content's effect on pipeline, etc, then splitting it out into different programs would be best. I personally have all of mine in one program (website inbound).
  • I would use one global form and build out all of the capabilities there, like hidden fields (i.e. capture which resource they chose, utm codes, etc.)
  • You can create SFDC Campaigns for each piece of content...or tasks, or append to an existing field...there really are a number of ways here.
Happy to elaborate on anything, but hopefully others will chime in as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mary,

You're asking all of the right questions, and for most of them, there is not one right answer. Everyone does their tracking slightly different. Here are my opinions:
  • Having one program will keep things tidy, but if you want to identify a single piece of content's effect on pipeline, etc, then splitting it out into different programs would be best. I personally have all of mine in one program (website inbound).
  • I would use one global form and build out all of the capabilities there, like hidden fields (i.e. capture which resource they chose, utm codes, etc.)
  • You can create SFDC Campaigns for each piece of content...or tasks, or append to an existing field...there really are a number of ways here.
Happy to elaborate on anything, but hopefully others will chime in as well.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the insight Jason. 

I think I am going to keep things tidy and put them all in a single program with a global form with hidden fields. 

The SFDC campaigns is something I have not yet used--maybe this is a good place to start. Im wondering in this case what those would be for?

Thanks again!
Anonymous
Not applicable

SFDC Campaigns would help meet this requirement: In CRM we will want a lead/contact record showing what resources they have downloaded in the past.

Using Campaign Influence, you can see which resources helped to influence your opportunities.