SOLVED

Adding SFDC users to mailing lists in Marketo without creating Leads or Contacts

Go to solution
byleung
Level 2

Adding SFDC users to mailing lists in Marketo without creating Leads or Contacts

Hi all,

It looks like when someone on my team imported a list of our staff members, it imported them as leads, which synced into Salesforce as leads. However, we have all of those staff members also noted as users in Salesforce. Is there a way to use a filter for a smart list to pull in SFDC Users without having to create an additional instance of them as either contacts or leads?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Adding SFDC users to mailing lists in Marketo without creating Leads or Contacts

If not already, you'd need to enable the View User permission for the Marketo sync user in SFDC for Marketo to see the SFDC Users.  You can see the Users who were mistakenly loaded as person records in Marketo via the List Import by using the below smart list config with ALL filter logic:

1. Email Address = Users' Email Addresses
  2. Member of List Person in <static list name>
  3. SFDC Type = Lead/Contact

I think the ideal action would be to just delete the Person records of Users (from both Marketo and CRM) that were created in Marketo mistakenly due to the list import.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Adding SFDC users to mailing lists in Marketo without creating Leads or Contacts

If not already, you'd need to enable the View User permission for the Marketo sync user in SFDC for Marketo to see the SFDC Users.  You can see the Users who were mistakenly loaded as person records in Marketo via the List Import by using the below smart list config with ALL filter logic:

1. Email Address = Users' Email Addresses
  2. Member of List Person in <static list name>
  3. SFDC Type = Lead/Contact

I think the ideal action would be to just delete the Person records of Users (from both Marketo and CRM) that were created in Marketo mistakenly due to the list import.

byleung
Level 2

Thanks! I turned on the "View Users" permission in that Salesforce profile and now it works. 🙂