SOLVED

Adding retweets and Twitter mentions to lead scoring.

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding retweets and Twitter mentions to lead scoring.

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way to add to a lead score when that lead retweets or mentions us on Twitter?  For example, John Smith is a lead and his lead score is 35. John Smith's Twitter handle is @jsmith and he retweeted one of our tweets, therefore his lead score has increased by 5 points (5 points=a retweet). His new lead score is 40.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding retweets and Twitter mentions to lead scoring.

there is no hootsuite integration available right now, here is the message I received from Hootsuite today.

Regarding the integration with Marketo, this is currently on the road map but we have not date as to when this will be available. We had a beta. It's been put on hold, as the initial iteration was not up to the standards that people wanted. 
We will be re-opening it at a later date, but want to do so with the right resources. 
With the recent emphasis on security, we've prioritised items such as 2-step verification, as our current clients have asked for it in an urgent manner. 

Has any of you managed to find a way around lead scoring via social media?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Maurina,

Are you using HootSuite at your organization? I remember seeing a live demo at the Marketo conference to track tweets using Marketo & HootSuite.

If you don't have it, the only way I can think of doing it is maually uploading a list of those who reteweeted.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michelle,

Yes, we do use HootSuite. I too remember Marketo saying something about integrating with HootSuite. According to this: http://launchpoint.marketo.com/hootsuite/663-hootsuite Marketo integration is coming soon.

The manual part is an option. The only way I can think of doing it manually is, collecting retweets, figuring out their real names (if possible), finding them in SFDC, and adding to their score. Can you think of a different way? 

The Twitter handles need to be mapped to a lead, either by email or name, in SFDC (or Marketo) to count.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the twitter handle is mapped to the lead, you should be able to run a flow action in just a few minutes:
smartlist: twitter handle field contains (insert list of everyone who retweeted)
flow: add 5 points

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Steven,

Do you manually have to map the twitter handle to the lead? Do you map it in Marketo, Salesforce, or both?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maurina, I don't know of any way to specifically map the twitter handle to the email address of the lead, though this is technically feasible about half the team via rapportive or rapleaf.  The hootsuite integration may help with this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

there is no hootsuite integration available right now, here is the message I received from Hootsuite today.

Regarding the integration with Marketo, this is currently on the road map but we have not date as to when this will be available. We had a beta. It's been put on hold, as the initial iteration was not up to the standards that people wanted. 
We will be re-opening it at a later date, but want to do so with the right resources. 
With the recent emphasis on security, we've prioritised items such as 2-step verification, as our current clients have asked for it in an urgent manner. 

Has any of you managed to find a way around lead scoring via social media?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Angeliki,

Thank you for the information.