SOLVED

Adding "Truly" new people to Marketo using Static List

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding "Truly" new people to Marketo using Static List

I have  a static list and would like to add them to Marketo but some may already exist in Marketo Database.

Is there a way to find which ones will be new and only those are added.

Plus in this step I would like to add "Person Source" and change a data value for each new person being added via this static list.

Existing people (email ids) should not be affected.

I will appreciate a response...

Nimisha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kevin_Weisenber
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Re: Adding "Truly" new people to Marketo using Static List

Hi Nimisha,

Depending on the size of these lists one option could be you copying them into a smart list using the email address filter (or other filter) and see how many of them match by looking at the people tab. Anyone in the people tab would already be in your database. Smart lists only pull from your existing database which allows this to work.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Nimisha,

When you import leads to a static list, some leads might be created and other will be merged with existing leads.

the « person was created » smart list has a convenient « list » constraint that enable you to know if leads where created through import in a specific list. The same constraint is available for the person is created trigger.

Read this Why you should always use a static list to import persons in a program

using this filter, you can create the smart campaigns you need to set the person source.

greg

Kevin_Weisenber
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Hi Nimisha,

Depending on the size of these lists one option could be you copying them into a smart list using the email address filter (or other filter) and see how many of them match by looking at the people tab. Anyone in the people tab would already be in your database. Smart lists only pull from your existing database which allows this to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kevin, Really helpful!

Thanks,