Adding programs to engagement streams

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding programs to engagement streams

I'm a bit confused on adding programs to an engagement stream. I know how to drag and drop the content so that's fine. But how do I know which smart campaign to associate with it? I feel like it might make sense that I would want to associate a couple. For example if the program sends an email that directs to a whitepaper download landing page...doesn't it make sense that I would want to associate the outbound send campaign and the conversion campaign? Or by dropping the program in are those campaigns included? In which case...what campaign is it asking me for?

Thank you!
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding programs to engagement streams

Hi Cheryl

You should reference only one Smart Campaign in your Engagement Stream and the one that sends the email, the actual asset offer. I am not sure what you meant by "the conversion campaign" but it does not sound like something you would include in the engagement stream flow..  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Boris. By conversion campaign I meant the smart campaign that changes the program status to "engaged" or "success." Maybe that doesn't make as much sense if they receive the content in the nurture series...

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, you don't need that in the Engagement program stream.

The engagement program streams only care about what email you want to send as part of that stream. You can include a specific email direclty, or (better) include a whole Program that contains a Smart campaign that sends that email.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. So...if I reach back into my memory...the smart list part of the send campaign is overridden by the engagement program membership right? Which means I should set up a campaign/smart list that adds the appropriate people to the engagement program?

Using a fictious example...I want to put dog owners in a dog engagement program. I create a smart campaign that adds people who are identified as dog owners to the dog owner engagement program. Then I drop in programs A, B and C related to dog ownership. For each of those programs, I select the individual email send smart campaign. And even if that smart campaign sent to more than dog owners originally - say it sent to all pet owners - only people in the dog owner engagement program will receive it. Yes? And then the related subsequent campaigns for each program (program status change, autoresponder emails, etc) will occur accordingly.

Am I thinking through this set up correctly?
Anonymous
Not applicable

And further, if I create a new program but want to send it as part of an engagement program, how do I do that?

Back to the dog owner example. I create an evergreen program D that I simply want dog owners to receive after they receive program C. Do I not create a smart campaign for the send? Or how do I create a smart campaign for the send but not actually send it as a disruptive email and only have it included in the engagement program?

I really wish we had made it to engagement programs as part of my launch pack! We talked about it but I wasn't ready to have one in practice so it was a bit hard to follow. Much thanks for your help!
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, let me try to answer your first question first. Your statement "the smart list part of the send campaign is overridden by the engagement program membership" - the answer is - you have to distinguish 2 separate processes here. One is - how do you control who ends up in your engagement program ( you need to create a trigger campaign for this) and two - who gets the email from your program (this is controlled by the Smart List inside your Program).

All those leads who are currently members of your Engagement Stream are just candidates for getting the email in the next engagement propgram cast. You use your Program Smart list to further refine the list of people who should get that email. A typical Smart List would include the following filters:

• Member of Engagement Program = True (Constraint: Program = "your Program name"
  • Some filter that excludes your Blocked leads (Opted out or Bounced)

Your second question -  "an evergreen program D" - the process of creating a new Program and adding it to the nurture is quite simple.Just create a new program with email offer, landing page and the same Send Campaign criteria and then drag the prgram and drop it inside the Engagement program stream of your choice (make sure you activate the program as well).  

I am not entirely sure i totally understand the structure of your entire nurture, how many strams you have and what criteria you would like to have for leads to move from one stream to the next. If you shed some light on that, I might be able to give you some advice on how to proceed. 

Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Joining this thread:  If I have a content program in multiple engagement programs, do I need to add those programs to the "send" program's smart list before adding to my engagement streams?