Re: Adding period cost at nurture program level and default program level

Madhavi_T
Level 2

Adding period cost at nurture program level and default program level

Hi,

How does adding period cost at nurture program level and the default programs (created under the nurture program) affect the overall cost in Marketo.

Should we add the period cost only in the nurture program.

(or)

Both nurture and default programs.

Please share your thoughts.

2 REPLIES 2
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Madhavi T ,

I think you are confusing period costs and score. Period cost is a Program level attribute. Score is a lead or account level attribute. They both are not connected.

Period costs basically refers to the amount (Financial value) spent on a program. I would recommend you to go through the Marketo product docs for Understanding Period Cost.

Lead\Account score on the other hand is assigned  based on the Behavior and Demographic attributes. You can find a lot of articles on scoring in the community.

As for your second  - You can use period costs in both, nurture or default program. It really depends on the Marketing activity and the cost incurred for that marketing activity which you want to assign to that program. I could be running an email blast program using a default program and might want to assign period costs to it. It think a lot of your questions would be answered by going through the above product documentation.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage
Madhavi_T
Level 2

Hi Karan,

Thanks for the info.

I was referring to the period cost not score. I have corrected the question.