Adding multiple addresses in "To" field

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding multiple addresses in "To" field

I'd like to send an email to an organisation and would like leads to see that the email was also sent to their work colleague. 

For example, if an organisation has incoming emails managed by the team assistant, I want to include the assistant and all team members on the mailing list but don't want the email to appear as though it was only sent directly to each individual.

Is it possible to do this?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding multiple addresses in "To" field

Hi Mike,

Just to clarify. You want to setup an event that sends an email to everyone in a leads organization when the are sent the email? Or are you trying to setup a way to group the lead and identify which contacts are their colleagues and target just them?

I believe you can create an eventlist or something similar in scripting or possibly a webhook to send to specific groups. It should be possible, but as I have yet to do it myself I can't give you exact code to help but maybe this link can give you a better idea on scripting what you need.

http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/email-scripting/

Hope that helps a bit.

Dan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan, I'm trying to replicate the emailing process of other systems like MS Outlook where you can add many email addresses directly into the "To" field.  This way, everyone on the mailing list will see who else has received the message. 

There are scenarios like the example I provided above, where I want to invite a select group of people from one organisation to an event and I want my audience to know their colleagues have also been invited.  This tends to prompt a higher response rate.
Anonymous
Not applicable

No way to do this in Marketo that I'm aware of, maybe with custom scripting but I doubt it. Given the nature of email marketing and privacy, I think that is probably by design.