Adding a new channel

Nicol_Maurer
Level 3

Adding a new channel

I apologize if this has been covered, but I couldn't find any answers. I am creating separate programs to track our paid advertising efforts. It has been suggested to me to break these out by channel rather than to lump them all into "Online Advertising," i.e. PPC Google, PPC Facebook. I cannot find a way to add any to the existing Channel tag, nor to further segment the Online Advertising channel tag--which would be ideal. Has anyone run into this issue? If so, how did you handle it?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding a new channel

Nicol Maurer​ I moved your post to Products and Support​ section, but you should also check out this article

Create a Program Channel - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: Adding a new channel

You cannot create sub-channels under Online Advertising and would need to create additional separate Channel tags for each of your channels (e.g. SEM, Display, Remarketing, etc.).  An alternative would be to use the Channel tag program status values to reflect the channel (e.g. Filled Out Form - SEM, Filled Out Form - Display, Filled Out Form - Remarketing, etc.).  I actually do this for our Content channel.