SOLVED

Re: Add to Watch List: Automatically add new leads or records where a Task was created by Marketo?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add to Watch List: Automatically add new leads or records where a Task was created by Marketo?

Hello is it possible to automate the Add to Watch List? As in when a new record gets created or a new Task record gets created, we create a new workflow or global action to call on Add to Watch List? We don't want the users to have to manually add their records to the watch list. Instead we would like to automate this.

I know we can add the Add to Watch List button on the List View and there is a VF page and Apex Class component but as these are managed I am not able to see and get more details...

Would like to know how I can automatically add records to the users' Watch List.

Also on the Marketo tab, there are few tabs on the MSI page: Web Activity, Anonymous Activity, Watch List, Best Bets...

Is there a way to create a custom Visual force page so we only display the Watch List? We don't want to display the Best Bets and other tabs...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Add to Watch List: Automatically add new leads or records where a Task was created by Marketo?

Hi Chris,

That's an interesting one, and I am afraid it cannot be done. I have setup a detailed debug log on SFDC and added a couple of leads to the watch list. Interestingly enough, the debug log came up... empty

I also have examined all the tables provided by the MSI package and no one seems to contains that info.

I suspect it is in fact stored in Marketo itself, into a zone of the data schema that we cannot access.

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Chris,

That's an interesting one, and I am afraid it cannot be done. I have setup a detailed debug log on SFDC and added a couple of leads to the watch list. Interestingly enough, the debug log came up... empty

I also have examined all the tables provided by the MSI package and no one seems to contains that info.

I suspect it is in fact stored in Marketo itself, into a zone of the data schema that we cannot access.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are we able to create a custom VF page so that we only display the Watch List and hide other pages (Best Bets, Web Activity, etc)?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Chris,

In theory, this would be possible, but it would require to retro engineer MSI package, which :

1. Would be hard because, as it's a managed packaged, the code is not accessible
  2. Is very likely forbidden contractually.

-Greg