SOLVED

Add to Microsoft campaign flow step - field behind the flow step?

Go to solution
kheap_crmt
Level 1

Add to Microsoft campaign flow step - field behind the flow step?

Hello!

I'm working with a Marketo/Dynamics native integration. Due to sales process, we're using a webhook to create a net new lead in CRM every time an existing contact is detected. We're also actively using the (limited) campaign sync, and we're passing the source campaign (campaign GUID) in the current webhook payload, using the source campaign field. 

However, we're struggling with journey tracking and we'd now like to pass the campaign name itself (as a string value) in the webhook payload.

Does anyone know if there is a field behind the 'Add to Microsoft Campaign' flow step, and if so, what the field is? Or if there's another, better way to do this (other than changing sales process, which we're working on but is proving challenging)? 

Thanks in advance for any insight.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Add to Microsoft campaign flow step - field behind the flow step?

To clarify, by existing contact, do you mean an existing person record or an existing person record with just Microsoft Type = Contact (i.e., a contact record)? In the case of SFDC, using the "Added to SFDC Campaign" trigger, we can stamp the Campaign Name to a field using the trigger name token, i.e., {{trigger.Name}}. It'd be worth testing if the same behavior is carried forward for the Added to Microsoft Campaign trigger too. Unfortunately, I don't have access to an instance connected to Dynamics to test this out. If you get this to work, then you can have the campaign name in a field that you can reference in your webhook.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

To clarify, by existing contact, do you mean an existing person record or an existing person record with just Microsoft Type = Contact (i.e., a contact record)? In the case of SFDC, using the "Added to SFDC Campaign" trigger, we can stamp the Campaign Name to a field using the trigger name token, i.e., {{trigger.Name}}. It'd be worth testing if the same behavior is carried forward for the Added to Microsoft Campaign trigger too. Unfortunately, I don't have access to an instance connected to Dynamics to test this out. If you get this to work, then you can have the campaign name in a field that you can reference in your webhook.

kheap_crmt
Level 1

Hi Darshil,

This is great idea, thanks for the tip! I will test it and come back to let you know if it works or not. The trigger (Added to Microsoft campaign) exists, so I suspect it will work.

Thanks!