SOLVED

Re: Add Members to Smart List?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add Members to Smart List?

Hello,

If I've created a tradeshow campaign (similar to a road show), and we're sending out an invitation to a group of people on a list that was given to us from the tradeshow, in the smart list, do I need to add one of the filters to be "member of program 'is true' program is 'tradeshow xxx' " to have it include that list import when the invitation gets sent out? Or will Marketo automatically recognize a group of people were imported through the members tab of the program making it so I don't need to add in an additional step to get the email out to them as well?

Thanks!!

Bonnie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Unfortunately, Marketo will not send them the invitation in you do not have a smart campaign that detect the addition to the program in a given status , using a "program status is changed" trigger and sending the email.

This is typically a case on which I prefer my method.

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Bonnie,

When you import leads in a program through the "import member", you will have to set a member status and he leads in your import WILL become members of the program.

Now, I do not recommend to much this way of doing it, mainly because you can hardly trigger any additional process on these leads when they get imported.

I prefer to add a separate "Import" static list in the program, and a smart campaign with the following setup:

Smart list

• Trigger: is added to list [Myprogram.Import]

flow

• change program status: [the status you want]
  • + any other flow step you may need

The second interest of my method is that you keep track of exactly which leads were imported to the program, vs which one entered the program through another way.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

So if I do import them through the members tab and knowing they've become members of the program with a certain member status, if I want to make sure the email gets sent out to them do I need to add the filter into my smart list that I mentioned in my original question? Or will the program automatically detect that list import and send them the invitation?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Unfortunately, Marketo will not send them the invitation in you do not have a smart campaign that detect the addition to the program in a given status , using a "program status is changed" trigger and sending the email.

This is typically a case on which I prefer my method.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

okay thank you for your help!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

You are welcome

Pls mark it as answered, so that it get's out of the radar.

-Greg