SOLVED

Re: Add Global Variable with color drop down

Go to solution
jroscoe3
Level 1

Add Global Variable with color drop down

Hello I've looked around at a few post and don't see anything that outlines clearly my ask.

I'd like to add a hex code color drop down to the global variables tab in the email builder. This would allow user to select their brand color at the global level instead of needing to update it in every module used in the template. 

Any tips on the best way to code this into the template?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@jroscoe3 ,

if you're looking for something that is locked down to brand colours rather than a colour picker, try this solution that I dreamed up a while ago:

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-discussions/drop-down-titles-within-email-template-variables/m...

I've subsequently seen others using the same approach (whether they came up with it independently or from my post I don't know).  It is an approach that is certainly solid.

Cheers

Jo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

How is this different from a mktoColor variable?

Jo_Pitts1

@jroscoe3 ,

if you're looking for something that is locked down to brand colours rather than a colour picker, try this solution that I dreamed up a while ago:

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-discussions/drop-down-titles-within-email-template-variables/m...

I've subsequently seen others using the same approach (whether they came up with it independently or from my post I don't know).  It is an approach that is certainly solid.

Cheers

Jo

jroscoe3
Level 1

Thanks Jo! That was actually a post I looked at and will use it. Had to put this piece with another to figure it out for myself on creating an additional global variable. 

Jo_Pitts1

@jroscoe3 ,

nice work mate.  Good luck with it.