SOLVED

Add a member of Engagement Program again

Go to solution
RaulEr
Level 4

Add a member of Engagement Program again

Hi community,

I have an engagement program with 3 streams (A, B, C).

And I'm adding people to those streams based on people's behaviours. So if a person downloads Whitepaper A goes to Stream A.

I couldn't find what happens if the same person who downloaded whitepaper A and got the "Add to Engagement Program" and was added to stream A, then goes and downloads whitepaper B and triggers the campaign and enters the "Add to Engagement Program" and the system tries to add it to stream B.

Will Marketo move the person to Stream B or since it's already a member it will ignore that flow step?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
jacklaushway1
Level 2

Re: Add a member of Engagement Program again

Hi there,

No, the 'Add to Engagement Program' flow step will only work if leads are not already entered in that Engagement Program. In the Results tab of the Smart Campaign, you would see the flow step Skipped due to this constraint. The 'Change Engagement Program Stream' flow step could be used here instead to solve that issue. You could use one campaign that routes leads into the correct stream depending on which Whitepaper they initially download, and another campaign to re-route these leads if they download a different Whitepaper.

Ultimately, it depends on what purpose the engagement program serves on how you want the leads to transition streams!

View solution in original post

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

As Jack mentioned, the "Add to Engagement Program' flow step would not work if the person is already in the engagement program. When possible, I use the combination of "Change Engagement Program Cadence" to Normal + "Change Engagement Program Stream" flow steps as a substitute for the Add to Engagement Program flow step to ensure that people get added to the correct stream irrespective of their nurture membership. Please note that the combination of these two flow steps implicitly adds non-members to the EP to the correct stream, and of course, for the members, it changes the stream.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jacklaushway1
Level 2

Hi there,

No, the 'Add to Engagement Program' flow step will only work if leads are not already entered in that Engagement Program. In the Results tab of the Smart Campaign, you would see the flow step Skipped due to this constraint. The 'Change Engagement Program Stream' flow step could be used here instead to solve that issue. You could use one campaign that routes leads into the correct stream depending on which Whitepaper they initially download, and another campaign to re-route these leads if they download a different Whitepaper.

Ultimately, it depends on what purpose the engagement program serves on how you want the leads to transition streams!

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

As Jack mentioned, the "Add to Engagement Program' flow step would not work if the person is already in the engagement program. When possible, I use the combination of "Change Engagement Program Cadence" to Normal + "Change Engagement Program Stream" flow steps as a substitute for the Add to Engagement Program flow step to ensure that people get added to the correct stream irrespective of their nurture membership. Please note that the combination of these two flow steps implicitly adds non-members to the EP to the correct stream, and of course, for the members, it changes the stream.