SOLVED

Re: Add a hash to my webhook

Go to solution
Ric_Kolibar
Level 2

Add a hash to my webhook

How do I add a hash to my webhook from Marketo to Salesforce. 

Salesforce admins are asking for one.

ric kolibar
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Generally: No.

Given certain requirements: Maybe.

If you want to use a webhook-powered service that requires a hash for authentication, but your company’s internal security rules didn't specifically require the hash, then you could generate the hash using another webhook.

Naturally, the 1st webhook — which generates the hash — would be authenticated via preshared key. Then include the hash in the 2nd webhook's headers. You can use Data Value Changes on the hash field to trigger the 2nd webhook.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

A hash... of what data? Not enough to work with here!

Ric_Kolibar
Level 2

Can Marketo use HMAC to hash/authenticate webhooks like in this article: https://hookdeck.com/webhooks/guides/how-to-implement-sha256-webhook-signature-verification#choosing...

ric kolibar
SanfordWhiteman

Generally: No.

Given certain requirements: Maybe.

If you want to use a webhook-powered service that requires a hash for authentication, but your company’s internal security rules didn't specifically require the hash, then you could generate the hash using another webhook.

Naturally, the 1st webhook — which generates the hash — would be authenticated via preshared key. Then include the hash in the 2nd webhook's headers. You can use Data Value Changes on the hash field to trigger the 2nd webhook.