SOLVED

Active SC, not showing 'invalid' after URL changes

Go to solution
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Active SC, not showing 'invalid' after URL changes

I have a form on a page, and before the SC was activated the URL had to be live and apparently some sort of validation runs to confirm this. However, I'm noticing that if that page is LATER removed, the SC will still accept the invalid url as before. What's the logic behind this and is there a way to confirm?

We are updating some URLs in the coming weeks and I was hoping a failsafe to the migration docs we've created would be to sort my instance by invalid smart campaigns to see if we missed anything, but now I'm not so sure that will work at all.

Thanks in advance...

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Active SC, not showing 'invalid' after URL changes

Hi JD,

Probably a design reason : the check is done a UI level, when you paste or enter the URL in the filter, not on the server side when executing the SC.

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, the field will be able to fill in previously clicked/visited pages. Then if you remove the page or unapprove it, it will stay in the drop down because you may still need to reference this in a historical filter. I find this helpful for all sorts of reasons.

Anyway, I'm not really sure what the question is here. Are you afraid of some mis fire?

JD_Nelson

ultimately the question is, how come my triggered SC doesn't change to 'inactive' (flashing red) when the url of the page it's looking for is no longer available?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi JD,

Probably a design reason : the check is done a UI level, when you paste or enter the URL in the filter, not on the server side when executing the SC.

-Greg

JD_Nelson

is there any report or list I can create that would re-check the validity of pages? We're going through a site migration, and short of checking every single form, a way to see if anything breaks would be a nice thing to have.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again JD,

No that I know of, I am afraid.

-Greg