Re: Active Email Address not being Delivered to Inbox

David_Negron
Level 2

Active Email Address not being Delivered to Inbox

I have a customer that I am in communication with directly and They are not receiving my Email invites to our customer conference and can't diagnose what the issue is.

contact details.png

Email Bounce.png

Bounce reason.png

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Hi David,

From the given error from your second screenshot I think Marketo observed a soft bounce with error "554 5.4.5 [internal] Delivery failure".

Mail error 554 5.4.5 can be caused due to improper mail server configuration or anti-spam tool configuration.

Thanks!

Priyank

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I don't know what you're trying to show here. You have arbitrary lines highlighted from different logs.

The last ActLog detail reflects a clear DNS error, but you're hiding the domain so there's no way to check whether the error is still present now.

David_Negron
Level 2

Sorry about that, I didn't include it for privacy purposes but the email domain is @bosheim-consultancy.nl

Marg Kok - Bosheim consultancy - Google Chrome 2019-02-22 14.20.53.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The mailserver for that domain does allow inbound connections at this time, but at the time the email was sent there's no reason to mistrust that MX connection error. That's the problem with trying to troubleshoot after the fact, even an hour later the DNS + MX may be stable.