Re: Accessing Salesforce Product and Opportunity Information

Anonymous
Not applicable

Accessing Salesforce Product and Opportunity Information

I am trying to build a Smartlist utilizing the Opportunity and Product Salesforce objects.  Example: Give me anyone that Has Opportunity with a close date of this quarter AND Product contains XYZ.

Anyone have any success with this?

I tried performing a custom sync of the Asset / Product object in the SF Sync section. I was hoping the Product items would show up as a constraint within the Has Opportunity choices. Instead they show up as Has Product.  I think this means I can’t constrain the Product to the Oppty. For example, Jerry Smith has an Oppty closing this quarter AND Product contains XYZ. What I am not positive about.... XYZ product might not be constrained to the Oppty closing this QTR--it could be part of another Oppty.

Other options: Should I have some code written that writes the Product object name to the Oppty record? Then I can access the Products in the Oppty constrain.
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Jeff,

You should just be able to add an additional 'Has Product' filter on top of your Has Opportunity filter.  You can then just add a constraint to Has Product to filter on the field which you need to.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kenny, that was my first thought also. How do I know both are tied to one another? I want the Product to be constrained to the Opportunity. For example,

Smartlist
Person Has Opportunity = THIS MONTH 
and 
Person Has Product = Product A

The Issue
What if an Oppty existed a year ago with a Product = Product A? This happens alot with renewals, cross-sells and lost deals. I "believe" the above Smartlist rule would pickup the lead even if Product B  was part of the Opportunity closing this month.

I need some way to tie the Product to the Oppty which is why I'd like to see the Product as part of the constraint within the Opportunity.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Jeff,

Your expectation is correct.  It's currently no possible for us to tie two 'Has' object filters interdependently.  Your best option is likely to add a 'Product' field to the opportunity objectw hich can be used as a constraint in the 'Has Opportunity' filter.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kenny, that's what we are building now.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I'm looking for the exact same solution, has there been any updates or breakthroughs on how to do this? There has to be a way that companies can target customers based on the types of products they've purchased and date. Just like Kenny mentioned above. 

Smartlist
Person Has Opportunity = THIS MONTH 
and 
Person Has Product = Product A

thanks