SOLVED

Re: AB testing whole emails : where are the reports on the challenger emails' performances ?

Go to solution
ainarako
Level 1

AB testing whole emails : where are the reports on the challenger emails' performances ?

Hey everyone, 

I'm pretty new in email automation and would really need some help in regards to AB testing whole emails.

I'm working on an abandoned cart campaign where I'm AB testing 2 same mails with different sales (10% off and 15% off). I set it up in half (50% champion /50% challenger) and set up my reports to be sent every 3 weeks as to check progression. 

Since the start of the campaign (December 2022), I've received no reports in regards to email performances (realized it a bit late I know) and I've been trying to get them straight from Marketo but I actually have no idea where. 

Any help would be much appreciated! 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: AB testing whole emails : where are the reports on the challenger emails' performances ?

The email report might have got quarantined/blocked by the privacy filters. If you just select your champion challenger email in an email performance report's setup tab, Marketo would show the results/performance data of both versions in a single line item instead of breaking it out by variants.

To get the results broken by variants, you can add the "Was Sent Email Filter" Email is <Select the Email> and Add the "Test Variant" constraint in the report's smart list and then check the email metrics of each variant individually. 

Darshil_Shah1_0-1682597923930.png

However, it's worth mentioning here that Marketo retains the Send Email activity for 90 days from the date of activity.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

The email report might have got quarantined/blocked by the privacy filters. If you just select your champion challenger email in an email performance report's setup tab, Marketo would show the results/performance data of both versions in a single line item instead of breaking it out by variants.

To get the results broken by variants, you can add the "Was Sent Email Filter" Email is <Select the Email> and Add the "Test Variant" constraint in the report's smart list and then check the email metrics of each variant individually. 

Darshil_Shah1_0-1682597923930.png

However, it's worth mentioning here that Marketo retains the Send Email activity for 90 days from the date of activity.

ainarako
Level 1

Thanks Darshil!

I'll try it out and see how it goes.

Cheers