SOLVED

AB testing subject line

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

AB testing subject line

Heelo,

I'm new to AB testing in Marketo. I'm setting up an AB subject line test and I have a few questions.
  • When I get to the test settings and I set the percentages. (ie 20% tested 80% not tested). What happens to the 80%? do they get the "default" email?
  • If not, that's what I would want to do. Run the AB subject line test to 20% of our users and send the rest of the users (80%) the regular subject line.
Thoughts?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: AB testing subject line

After the testing period which you designate during the AB Test creation step (can be anywhere from 4 hours to several days), the winning subject line will be sent to the 80% who weren't a part of the test. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: AB testing subject line

Phil, are you doing the testing using Marketo's AB testing options using Email Programs, or in a triggered smart campaign? The two options are described here, and it sounds like you want to be doing the second option of the triggered smart campaign.

If it's a one time send, I'd probably recommend breaking your send to list into two bunches, and doing the 80/20 split that way and then manually comparing the results.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AB testing subject line

Thank you for the response. It is starting to make sense.

I am testing in Email Programs. What I want to know is what happens to the non-tested users (the 80% in my example) and when do they get the email? Or do they never get an email?
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: AB testing subject line

After the testing period which you designate during the AB Test creation step (can be anywhere from 4 hours to several days), the winning subject line will be sent to the 80% who weren't a part of the test. 

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AB testing subject line

Can i add a token in the A/B test subject line - in the A/B set up it doesn't give me the option to bring in the token but i can copy and paste it - with the token render when i send it out properly?