SOLVED

Re: AB testing subject line

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

AB testing subject line

Heelo,

I'm new to AB testing in Marketo. I'm setting up an AB subject line test and I have a few questions.
  • When I get to the test settings and I set the percentages. (ie 20% tested 80% not tested). What happens to the 80%? do they get the "default" email?
  • If not, that's what I would want to do. Run the AB subject line test to 20% of our users and send the rest of the users (80%) the regular subject line.
Thoughts?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

After the testing period which you designate during the AB Test creation step (can be anywhere from 4 hours to several days), the winning subject line will be sent to the 80% who weren't a part of the test. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Phil, are you doing the testing using Marketo's AB testing options using Email Programs, or in a triggered smart campaign? The two options are described here, and it sounds like you want to be doing the second option of the triggered smart campaign.

If it's a one time send, I'd probably recommend breaking your send to list into two bunches, and doing the 80/20 split that way and then manually comparing the results.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response. It is starting to make sense.

I am testing in Email Programs. What I want to know is what happens to the non-tested users (the 80% in my example) and when do they get the email? Or do they never get an email?
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

After the testing period which you designate during the AB Test creation step (can be anywhere from 4 hours to several days), the winning subject line will be sent to the 80% who weren't a part of the test. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can i add a token in the A/B test subject line - in the A/B set up it doesn't give me the option to bring in the token but i can copy and paste it - with the token render when i send it out properly?