SOLVED

A bunch of quick questions about engagement programs, e.g. sending content at specific time, do new entries get drip content right away, and more...

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

A bunch of quick questions about engagement programs, e.g. sending content at specific time, do new entries get drip content right away, and more...

I've got a bunch of quick questions - would love your help!

1. What do you do with content that you need to go out on a specific day to whoever is currently in the engagement program? Do you just bring it to the top and change the stream cadence to time that content, then change the cadence back later once that content has been cast?

2. If my cadence is set at every 2 weeks, will new leads that come into the drip get content on those dates even if they just joined the drip, for example, the day before? If so, then I assume I just add a wait step before the add to engagemeng program flow?

3. I want to change program status to Engaged if they click on any link in an email - will the below smart list in the engagemeng program only count clicks in emails WITHIN the engagement program, or across the entire system (which I don't want)?

0EM50000000T4yD.png

4. What's the best trigger campaign to use to add any new staff that join the company to engagement programs?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Re: A bunch of quick questions about engagement programs, e.g. sending content at specific time, do new entries get drip content right away, and more...

Hi Christine

Here are the answers:

1. The content in stream is listed prioritywise. Once the cadence has been set, the top most content will be delievered. However, a lead cannot get one content twice.

2. If your cadence is set every 2 weeks, any new leads that get added to engagement program will qualify for the cadence. If the wait step adds the leads to engagement program after the cast, the next scheduled cadence shall be applicable for the leads.

3. The smart list that you mentioned will be applicable across the entire system. To avoid this, instead of using "Email is any" filter, you can apply "Email is: (you can choose multiple emails you want to change program status for)". Refer the screen shots below

0EM50000000T4zB.png

0EM50000000T4zG.png

4. For adding new staff into engagement program, you can add them to a list and then use "Added to list" trigger with a Flow > Add to engagement program.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Re: A bunch of quick questions about engagement programs, e.g. sending content at specific time, do new entries get drip content right away, and more...

Hi Christine

Here are the answers:

1. The content in stream is listed prioritywise. Once the cadence has been set, the top most content will be delievered. However, a lead cannot get one content twice.

2. If your cadence is set every 2 weeks, any new leads that get added to engagement program will qualify for the cadence. If the wait step adds the leads to engagement program after the cast, the next scheduled cadence shall be applicable for the leads.

3. The smart list that you mentioned will be applicable across the entire system. To avoid this, instead of using "Email is any" filter, you can apply "Email is: (you can choose multiple emails you want to change program status for)". Refer the screen shots below

0EM50000000T4zB.png

0EM50000000T4zG.png

4. For adding new staff into engagement program, you can add them to a list and then use "Added to list" trigger with a Flow > Add to engagement program.

Best Regards
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alok R - thanks for your detailed response. I'm still unclear for a few of your answers.

1. Can I schedule the FIRST cast of an email in an engagement program to go out on a specific date/time?

2. To confirm - if new leads qualify for the drip, then they could potentially get their first cast immediately after qualifying, which could be ASAP if there is no wait step before adding them to the drip? So if I don't want that, make sure to add wait step to every "add to engagement program" campaign. Yes?

3. Is there anyway to define engagement as "clicked on any email" in that specific engagement program? That way I don't have to manually keep adding emails. OR, is there a better way to define engagement. Curious to hear how others do it?

Thank you!
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Christine,

I'd add Member of Engagement to your status change flow there.

Also, you can modify the Statuses in Admin > Tags to be whatever you want. I usually recommend creating a new Engagement Channel that is aligned with your nurture Goals. What is your goal for nurture? Clicks? MQL? Exit?

So you could have several statuses:
Nurturing
Clicked
Filled Out Form
Reached Goal
Unsubscribed