SOLVED

A/B Testing with Triggered Campaigns

Go to solution
Mark_Riccardi
Level 1

A/B Testing with Triggered Campaigns

Hello,

Fairly new to Marketo and trying to set up some A/B testing on a triggered campaign. I have a five touch triggered email program set up with automation. If I wanted to A/B test the third email in this program, and I have right clicked on the asset and clicked add new test and chose whole email. 

My question is when setting the percentage how would it calculate when it hit the number to choose the winner because it's is triggered and there is no total count and I don't see anywhere you can set the threshold of a number. 

Any input is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Re: A/B Testing with Triggered Campaigns

Hi Mark Riccardi ,

A/B tests are done for batches IE existing leads in the database. While using triggers, you would be using the Champion/Challenger test

pastedImage_2.png - In case of triggers, once you define a champion criteria , you would need to Declare a Champion and set a declare date. Until the Declare Date, Marketo will continue to send the old champion and challenger(s). Once date/time is reached, only the new champion will be sent.

Would also recommend you to go through the above hyperlinks to Marketo product docs which would shed further clarity to your query. Hope that helps.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Mark Riccardi ,

A/B tests are done for batches IE existing leads in the database. While using triggers, you would be using the Champion/Challenger test

pastedImage_2.png - In case of triggers, once you define a champion criteria , you would need to Declare a Champion and set a declare date. Until the Declare Date, Marketo will continue to send the old champion and challenger(s). Once date/time is reached, only the new champion will be sent.

Would also recommend you to go through the above hyperlinks to Marketo product docs which would shed further clarity to your query. Hope that helps.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Mark_Riccardi
Level 1

Thanks for the Reply!

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Most Welcome  .  

In case the above response solved your query, request you kindly mark it as correct so that the thread reflects as answered and would aid in future searches.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Mark_Riccardi
Level 1

Thanks Karan. I also found this video helpful as well if anyone else has the same question.

https://www.marketo.com/webinars/testing-emails-with-ab-and-champion-challenger-tests/

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Regards,

Mark