When creating an A/B test on an already created email, how do you know who will be receiving the email?
I understand that you can create an email program and then select the audience with whom you want to conduct the A/B test, but that option doesn’t appear to be present when right clicking on an email and then setting up the A/B test. Also, does Marketo randomly choose who will get the Test? Say I choose 10% of those in the Smart List to get the test. Does Marketo randomly choose who will be part of that 10% and who will make up the other 90%? I’m assuming yes, but just want to verify.
My understanding is that anyone who gets that email, a random 10% will get the challenger and the rest will get the champion. But the audience itself is defined by the smart list of the flow that sends the email.
You setup a Champ/Challenger test, which is only available on Triggered or Nurturing campaigns. In the settings for the Test, you will tell Marketo that you want X% to receive the Challenger and then wait to declare a winner at some pt. Marketo will randomly choose X% of the leads that hit that flow step to receive the Challenger.
If you want to do a batch campaign test, please use the Email Send Campaign or do a manual email test using Random Sample.