Re: A/B testing in engagement programs

Stilyana_Yanev2
Level 2

A/B testing in engagement programs

Hi team,
Is there any kind of A/B testing that could be used in an engagenent program? There is A/B testing on email programs as well as on landing page test groups, but haven`t see it for engagement programs. 
Would be great if anyone has any feedback on this and share it.
Thanks a lot!

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Stilyana, you can do A/B testing on emails within the engagement program... is that what you're looking to do? Or do you want to A/B test the entire EP?
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You would have to add child Email Send Programs, but you cannot do this directly within the Engagement. You need to create the Email Sends outside and then drop them into the Stream.
Stilyana_Yanev2
Level 2

Thank you both for the feedback. Yes, it is the first option - doing A/B testing on the emails in the engagement program. So, if we create Email Programs outside the Stream, where we add A/B testing and drop it to the Stream that should work, right? Will test it with the team. Thanks a lot!

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

No problem. One caveat to this, is that the emails cannot reside in a program that's dropped into the engagement program. They must be emails that are dropped into the engagement program. Not sure of your setup, but that was a lesson learned for us!
Anonymous
Not applicable

My team wanted to conduct an A/B test on emails in their engagement program.  We set up a program to house the A/B test and random sample and dropped that into the stream.  In order for this to work does the actual asset (the two differing) emails need to reside in the stream as well?

The email performance reports and results on the test are showing zero which makes me think that nothing was sent.  I don't watn to duplicate if this is not accurate.  Screen shot below of what our stream looks like, the email in the A/B test is not in there.   My team member set the date of cast within the A/B test program, not in the cadence timing of the stream.  I just want to make sure it didn't run and if it is set up correctly, it will run at 8:00am tomorrow.  Thank you!

0EM50000000T38q.jpg