SOLVED

Re: A/B Testing in Email Analysis

Go to solution
Kim_Allen
Level 10

A/B Testing in Email Analysis

Good morning,

I am excited about all the new features in May! This is one I can't figure out where to find...

A/B Test Emails in Email Analysis

Report on each of your A/B test email variants in Email Analysis.

Has anyone tried this yet?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the Smart List builder, if you add the "Opened Email" or "Clicked Link in Email" filters, you can then add a Constraint of "Test Variant".

In order to select a Variant, you must select the specific Email that you sent with an A/B test - it will not work if you say email sent, Is Any.

Email Performance reports still report the total number of Sends / Opens / Clicks of an Email, and do not break it down by the different test Variants.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the Smart List builder, if you add the "Opened Email" or "Clicked Link in Email" filters, you can then add a Constraint of "Test Variant".

In order to select a Variant, you must select the specific Email that you sent with an A/B test - it will not work if you say email sent, Is Any.

Email Performance reports still report the total number of Sends / Opens / Clicks of an Email, and do not break it down by the different test Variants.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kyle,

I'm trying your approach to see the Sends, Opens and Clicks of my 3 test variants. However, in my Smart List when I choose "Was Sent Email" and select the email and then use the Test Variant constraint, it says "Email A, Email B, Email C, Email D" and I only have 3 variants...also, I tested just using Email A and it gave me the same results as the entire group of emails. Can you help clarify?

Kim_Allen
Level 10

Awww I was hoping it was for email performance reports. Thanks, Kyle!
Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be so helpful to get analytics for overall A/B testing rather than have to record it on an instance by instance basis.
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Agreed on all the above guys - but good to know it can be done, at least in a roundabout way.

How it really should work is that you can see analytics just like any other email, for both A and B variants - whether that's overall clicks and opens, or link performance, or whatever. If I'm running an A/B test on content, often I'm looking for particular link performance - not total clicks. Current functionality makes it very difficult to do this, unless I set a custom conversion target at setup, which is limiting.
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi Sarah

That's exactly how you should be doing it. The only thing I can think of is that you've selected the wrong email.

Sorry, I know that's probably not super helpful!

Phil