SOLVED

A/B test webinar invite - new A/B test feature only for email programs?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

A/B test webinar invite - new A/B test feature only for email programs?

If I want to A/B test my webinar email invite, do I need to create a separate email program for it?

All assets for my webinar have been set up in the webinar program prior to the December release. Cloning the email to a new email program wouldn't be ideal because I'm using program tokens everywhere - for the webinar name, date, time, etc etc - as this information is repeated in all emails, landing pages and calendar files.

I was hoping there was a way around, other than the old clunky way of doing A/B tests?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: A/B test webinar invite - new A/B test feature only for email programs?

Yes, you need to use the new Email Program.

The new Email Program only uses local assets to that program, so you would have to clone them in. Cheryl said they are working on some adjustments in the next quarter or so to fix some of the limitations.

If you want to test your emails in the webinar program, you can use the old Choice method, or you can clone the emails in, then nest the Email program into the Webinar. At least, I think you can do that....and it should bring in the tokens from the parent program. Try that to see if it works.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, you need to use the new Email Program.

The new Email Program only uses local assets to that program, so you would have to clone them in. Cheryl said they are working on some adjustments in the next quarter or so to fix some of the limitations.

If you want to test your emails in the webinar program, you can use the old Choice method, or you can clone the emails in, then nest the Email program into the Webinar. At least, I think you can do that....and it should bring in the tokens from the parent program. Try that to see if it works.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you can create a local asset Emai program to run the test but the invite email will then need to be a local asset to the email program.  Nest away!