A/B Test emails in engagement programs?

Jennifer_Bisho1
Level 4

A/B Test emails in engagement programs?

We are going to run a drip campaign that contains 5 emails.  We are getting requests in to A/B test the emails in this campaign.  I only know of a way to manually A/B test which would defeat the purpose of an automated drip campaign.  Does anyone know of a way we can test this out using emails in an engagement program?

2 REPLIES 2
Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

Re: A/B Test emails in engagement programs?

Hi Jennifer,

I think it's possible to set up a Champion/Challenger A/B test in an engagement program such as the one you described.

Here's the link to the Product Docs article: Email Tests - Champion/Challenger - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation 

Or, like you said, you can do more of a more manual set up using the Random Sample functionality along with building out additional email assets. Here's a screenshot for quick reference.

pastedImage_2.png

If you have any questions let me know!

-Tom

Tom Kerlin
Cory_Gabor1
Level 4

Re: A/B Test emails in engagement programs?

Hi Jennifer, 

Adding some additional info to Tom's answer above. 

It is possible to set up a champion/challenger A/B test in an engagement program. Here's another thread on the topic:Champion/challenger test in Engagement Program 

Even though that is possible, I tend to go the manual route of using the random sample functionality as Tom mentioned above. You can create reports and monitor the engagement program over time until you have a large enough sample size to determine a winner. Once you determine the winner you can go ahead and adjust the program. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Thanks,

Cory Gabor

Marketing Consultant

LeadMD