Re: 709 auto Invalid or unsupported param value for landing page content

Joseph_Wood
Level 2

709 auto Invalid or unsupported param value for landing page content

Hello everyone,

When I submit a REST POST request to a landing page content's endpoint which has the auto CSS property set for top, width, and height, the request fails with this error: Marketo API error (709): "auto Invalid or unsupported param value for landing page content". I verified that I'm setting the property auto as a string, and that the call works when replacing auto with numerical values.

/rest/asset/v1/landingPage/ID/content/CONTENTID.json

Is it not supported by the API? Is there a workaround?

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Can you provide the actual payload you're sending, please?

Joseph_Wood
Level 2

Here it is. Also I was wrong earlier, the POST request is to add content, not create.

POST /rest/asset/v1/landingPage/ID/content.json

Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
type=Image&index=1&content=9896&formattingOptions%5Bheight%5D=auto&formattingOptions%5Bwidth%5D=auto&formattingOptions%5BzIndex%5D=15&formattingOptions%5Bleft%5D=15px&formattingOptions%5Btop%5D=222px&formattingOptions%5BimageOpenNewWindow%5D=1&value=9896&height=auto&width=auto&zIndex=15&left=15&top=222&imageOpenNewWindow=1
SanfordWhiteman

Seems probable that it's using (incorrectly) HTML attribute validation for height & width, even though they're being set as CSS styles.

In HTML itself, height="auto" is not allowed; the value must be a nonnegative integer.

Joseph_Wood
Level 2

Thank you, that makes sense. Would the Marketo team be able to resolve this, or should I just avoid using "auto" ?

SanfordWhiteman

It's worth opening a Support case (and I'd like to hear the results) but you should probably plan to work around it for the foreseeable future.