SOLVED

404 Report

Go to solution
John_Wolf1
Level 3

404 Report

If someone clicks an old link to a non-existent Marketo landing page, is there a way to get a alert or see a report of these 404 errors? 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 404 Report

There's not a way to specifically run a report of 404. What you can do is setup a fallback page in your admin section. Under Integrations there is Landing Pages. It is probably just your homepage of your site. Instead you can set it to be your homepage + a URL paramter.

Such as www.yourcompany.com?fall=back 

It doesn't really matter what you set your URL paramter to be. Mine is ?get=found&utm_source=Marketo&utm_medium=Landing-Page&utm_campaign=FallBackPage

Then create an alert for yourself whenever someone reaches a page which includes that Query String. Then you'll be able to look at their Activity log on a case by case basis to see where the problem is originating. 

There is no way to automate this that I know of.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's not a way to specifically run a report of 404. What you can do is setup a fallback page in your admin section. Under Integrations there is Landing Pages. It is probably just your homepage of your site. Instead you can set it to be your homepage + a URL paramter.

Such as www.yourcompany.com?fall=back 

It doesn't really matter what you set your URL paramter to be. Mine is ?get=found&utm_source=Marketo&utm_medium=Landing-Page&utm_campaign=FallBackPage

Then create an alert for yourself whenever someone reaches a page which includes that Query String. Then you'll be able to look at their Activity log on a case by case basis to see where the problem is originating. 

There is no way to automate this that I know of.
John_Wolf1
Level 3

Thanks Adam, great idea!