SFDC Cases Sync to Marketo

Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

SFDC Cases Sync to Marketo

Does anyone know if SFDC cases are automatically synced to Marketo? We want to set up campaigns so that when the case is closed emails go out and we'd prefer they are sent from Marketo versus in Salesforce. But we just implemented cases yesterday and I'm not seeing anything in Marketo to let me do this. Do I need to contact Marketo to turn this on?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Re: SFDC Cases Sync to Marketo

Hi Amber,

They are not, but can be synced. You'll want to go to Admin > Salesforce, and click the Object Sync tab. Here you can enable the syncing of specific objects, like Case:

0EM50000000SPOr.jpg

Grant_Booth
Level 10

Also, if you just added the object recently in SFDC, you may need to disable the sync and then click the Refresh Schema button in my screenshot above before it will show up in the list of available objects.
Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Thanks! That seemed to work, but I don't seem to have a case is closed trigger. Does anyone do this with Marketo? Maybe I'm missing something. I have that a contact was added to a case, but nothing that would let me send something out once the case has been completed.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We could really do with a Custom object is upadated tigger (like the one for opportunity) which is what you would need here.

Depending on what you want to do you could perhaps use the filter with the closed constraint in a batch/recurring campaign, but I imagine you want the flow to execute as soon as the case is closed.

Perhaps you can vote for this idea and leave some feedback:
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000IBwvAAG

and considering case is a standard object in SFDC:
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000IAJxAAO
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amber, 
Saw all your posts and I was wondering if you have managed to send the email via Marketo? We are trying to do something very similar to what you needed and we also want to add email scripting. The issue at the moment is that the data is not coming through, everything has been synched and enabled for Cases in Marketo and the Smart Lists are not picking up any values.

Grant and Cathal do you know if it is required to sync as well Case Contact Roles? It shows on top of Cases in the hierarchy.