1 recipient email blast stats are incorrect

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 recipient email blast stats are incorrect

I sent to a single email address. The smart list correctly selects the recipient; however, the stats say 0 delivered, 38 engagement and all other stats are 0. This is not correct. I am not sure the recipient even received the email (or didn't).

Please advise?

Control.png

Activities.png

8 REPLIES 8
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: 1 recipient email blast stats are incorrect

Is the email address you?

I believe there is a delay with this dashboard. I'd use a smart list or the Results tab to verify what Marketo actually sees.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The email address was not my own.

John_Clark1
Level 10

What does the lead's activity history show?  That would be the best place to see if the email bounced, or was not delivered for some other reason.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

It shows the email had a soft bounce; however, the bounce shows 2 after the send.

activity-log.png

When I click the bounce ID, I see the below issue - which says "delivery not attempted"

soft-bounce-popup.png

This along with the previous stats, I do not understand the issue or the solution. Please advise. This email was not sent to myself

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi David,

The system will continue trying to deliver an email for up to 36 hours after it's sent.  The activity two days later is the system saying that it will not longer try to deliver the message, as it's time has expired.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to both of you. Last question: Does it make sense to retry the send on my end? As you, mentioned the system does this for you - which is great; however, should I try to send again on my side?

• If not, thanks
  • If so, how to resend a send email campaign? Should I just create a smart campaign? The only problem here is that it then doesn't show in the send email campaign stats

Thanks again ~

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi David,

You can try to send the email again if you want, but I would check the Lead record first just to be certain there isn't anything that might stop it on your side.  If you search the lead record in the database and then look at the Lead tab, you can scroll about a third of the way down and see all of the possible reasons a lead would not get an email (Unsubscribed, Marketing Suspended, Email Invalid, etc).

If all of those are clear, then I would recommend cloning your email program.  You won't be able to run the same email program a second time, so cloning it is the easiest way to try sending the email again.  Keep in mind that it may do the same thing it did the first time, try delivering for a while and then bounce.

John

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

As John said, the email was not delivered, so it will not show delivered at all.

Soft bounces or any bounce do not usually have a solution. The recipient could not get the message. You can check the address to see if it is obviously misspelled, otherwise, not much can be done.

Of course, in this case, where it is 1 person, you could ask Sales to call them up instead.