🗣️ [Mentor Rachel Squire] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

🗣️ [Mentor Rachel Squire] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello Community, 

Welcome to the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Rachel Noble-Squire (@Rachel_Noble) who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Marketo Engage questions as you prepare for your Adobe Marketo Engage Architect Master (AD0-E560) exam, through to the end of the program.  

A little bit about your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Rachel:

RachelSquire.png

MOPS/Analytics Consultant with 10+ years in MarTech | Founder & Principal Consultant at MOBI Solutions | 2x Marketo Champion, Former MUG Leader | United States

Aspirants mapped to @Rachel_Noble 

1. @TeodoraAusan1 / @TeodoraAusan2 
  2. @Melody 
  3. @pshukla19 
  4. @SivaramanMani 
  5. @rajniru_rc 
  6. @styagi 
  7. @bbenito121608 

How to Participate  

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Marketo Engage Certification during the duration of the program: May 17th , 2024 – June 21st, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor Rachel, and your fellow Aspirant peers.  
  3. You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate!  

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants: 

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants. 
  • Like this thread to confirm your participation in the program 
  • Introduce yourself to Rachel and your Aspirant peers by replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Marketo Engage 
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Marketo Engage Architect Master (AD0-E560) certification
  • Test your Marketo Engage knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs! 
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Marketo Engage Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts! 

Quick links  

We're wishing you all the best as you embark on this learning journey!  

Cheers,  

Jon 

33 REPLIES 33
Rachel_Noble
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Rachel Squire] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Thanks for the intro, @Jon_Chen !

Hi everyone - great to meet you all! I'm excited to work together over the next few weeks on a collective journey towards Marketo Certification. Would love to see everyone introduce themselves here in this thread, so we can get to know each other a little better.

I'll post in this group regularly throughout the duration of this program, but as Jon mentioned, feel free to post questions as they come up and I'll see how I can help. Chances are, others in this group may have the same questions. And if you know the answer to someone else's question, feel free to jump in! 

bbenito121608
Level 2

Re: 🗣️ [Mentor Rachel Squire] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi @Rachel_Noble and team!

My name is Beverly Benito. I work at BDO Digital (formerly DemandGen) and have 10 years experience in Marketo. I'm excited to work with everyone on the team and get this certification under my belt. If anyone wants to connect or do a study group, my email address is bbenito@bdo.com and my LinkedIn profile is: https://www.linkedin.com/in/beverly-benito-93949735/. Good luck everyone!

TeodoraAusan1
Level 1

Hello @Rachel_Noble and everyone! 🙂

Lovely to meet you and looking forward accomplish this challenge together!

I am Teodora Ausan, I'm based in Romania 🇷🇴 (in Transylvania), I've been working with Marketo for the past 10 years now, currently as a consultant. I'm passionate about Marketo and love all aspects related to operational efficiency and marketing automation.

I wanted to take the architect certification for a long time, but never found the time to focus on it. Hope that this mentorship program will be just what I needed to accomplish this objective. Thanks in advance Rachel for sharing your experience with this certification and useful resources so we can pass it 🙌

PS: Is there a way to have a personal Adobe ID connected to this thread/mentorship program?

Rachel_Noble

Hi everyone! Thanks to those of you who have already introduced yourselves - I'm so excited to meet you all!

Quick tip - subscribe to this thread to make sure you see the latest notifications, resources, and quizzes.

So let's get to it! Here are some key resources you will want to bookmark as we embark on this journey together:

The exam will cover the following topics:

Section 1: Building and managing programs (39%)

• Given a business need/question, identify an appropriate reporting strategy to perform an analysis
  • Analyze data to answer business questions
  • Identify conversion funnels (as a concept to understand business analysis)
  • Consult the Solution Design Reference (SDR) to determine what data is available in reports
  • Analyze report data to summarize and draw conclusions
  • Recognize outliers and anomalies in reports

Section 2: Building assets (19%)

• Manipulating files in Design Studio (uploading/replacing images and files).
  • Create/Modify a form using the Form Editor.
  • Create/Edit an email using the Email Editor.
  • Create/Edit a landing page using the Landing Page Editor.
  • Create/Edit a Snippet in the Snippet Editor.
  • Distinguish the difference between draft and approved assets.
  • Distinguish the difference between local and global assets.

Section 3: Defining and targeting audiences (33%)

• Create/Modify Smart Lists.
  • Understand Smart Campaign flow steps.
  • Understand how to schedule and/or activate Smart Campaigns.
  • Interpret Smart Campaign results.
  • Describe the purpose of a segmentation and its use.
  • Identify and navigate the Database.
  • Explain how to set privacy settings in Adobe Marketo Engage.
  • Differentiate between Smart Lists and Static Lists.
  • Define system Smart Lists.
  • Compare and contrast the different types of Smart Campaigns.
  • Understand how Smart Campaign triggers and filters work.
  • Differentiate the different list imports.

Section 4: Analyzing and building reports (9%)

• Explain the standard Adobe Marketo Engage reports and when they should be used (Email Link Performance, Email Performance, Landing Page Performance, People Performance, Program Performance, Web Page Activity, and so on)
  • Comprehend Dashboard information and metrics (Email Program Dashboard, Engagement Program Dashboard)
  • Comprehend Email Insights metrics

Here's your first assignment: go through Section 1 of the Exam Prep Guide here: https://app.rockinfo.com/courses/playScorm/619. Please review the module, and make sure you feel comfortable answering exam-related questions for each of these sections. And of course, if you have any questions, post them here! 

bbenito121608
Level 2

I hope everyone is doing well! I watched the migration/merge video and in that conversation there were a couple of statements that they weren't completely sure about that I need clarification on:

1. Is it true that you would need a brand new Marketo instance if you were integrating a new SFDC instance? Or would it be possible to connect a new SFDC instance with a current Marketo instance?
  2. Can the durable unsubscribe table be migrated? And when they mention this, does this mean that if I were to migrate an unsubscribed record from one Marketo to another, I wouldn't have to run them through the unsubscribe process?

Thank you!

Rachel_Noble

Great questions!

Is it true that you would need a brand new Marketo instance if you were integrating a new SFDC instance? Or would it be possible to connect a new SFDC instance with a current Marketo instance?

This is correct! Once you have a Marketo instance integrated with an SFDC instance, you cannot integrate that same Marketo instance with any other SFDC instance. Companies migrating to a new SFDC instance also need a new Marketo instance.

Can the durable unsubscribe table be migrated? And when they mention this, does this mean that if I were to migrate an unsubscribed record from one Marketo to another, I wouldn't have to run them through the unsubscribe process?

This is a great question that I actually don't know the answer to! @Jon_Chen can you help?

Rachel_Noble

Pop Quiz!

Let's see how well we're understanding the first section.

Question 1: Select all that apply.

I want to pull a smart list of every person in Marketo that is currently synced to SFDC. Which filters to I need?

(a) SFDC Type is not empty

(b) SFDC Created Date is not empty

(c) SFDC Is Deleted = FALSE

(d) Sync with Marketo (or the appropriate sync filter) = TRUE

(e) SFDC Is Active = TRUE

Question 2: Select all that apply.

Which of the following statements are FALSE?

(a) You must create a unique user and role for each individual Launchpoint connection.

(b) API users are reported individually in the API usage report.

(c) There is a system maximum of 100 concurrent API calls.

(d) Webhooks can only be used with trigger campaigns.

(e) Custom Launchpoint connections must be set up with an API user associated with a real, active email address.

bbenito121608
Level 2

Question 1: a & c

Question 2: c & e

TeodoraAusan1
Level 1

1: b & d

2: c & e