Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Priyank Joshi] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Priyank Joshi] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello Community, 

Welcome to the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Priyank Joshi (@Priyank_Joshi3) who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Marketo Engage questions as you prepare for your Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert (AD0-E559) exam, through to the end of the program.  

Aspirants mapped to @Priyank_Joshi3 

1. @kishore1176 
  2. @tamcaoessent 
  3. Parth Sharma
  4. @Ankitaa_1998 

How to Participate  

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Marketo Engage Certification during the duration of the program: May 17th , 2024 – June 21st, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor Priyank, and your fellow Aspirant peers.  
  3. You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate!  

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants: 

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants. 
  • Like this thread to confirm your participation in the program 
  • Introduce yourself to Priyank and your Aspirant peers by replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Marketo Engage 
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert (AD0-E559) certification
  • Test your Marketo Engage knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs! 
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Marketo Engage Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts! 

Quick links  

We're wishing you all the best as you embark on this learning journey!  

Cheers,  

Jon 

19 REPLIES 19
kishore1176
Level 2

Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Priyank Joshi] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Happy to connect!

tamcaoessent
Level 2

I'm excited to be part of this mentorship program!

Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Nice to meet you! 

tamcaoessent
Level 2

Hi Priyank, I took the practice test and stumble with this question. When integrating with Launchpoint Partners via REST API, what is the best way to give them access? The answer is "Create an API only user role, create an API user and assign them the API only user role".  I looked up REST API resource at this link, https://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/, and find it difficult to follow and understand. Do you have any tips or resources that can help me understand this better? 

Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Hi Tam, 

This is a very interesting question. Please take a read at this doc Create a Custom Service for Use with ReST API.

Whenever you would want Launchpoint Partner integration with Marketo or to create any custom services these are the only two pre-requisites;

• Create an API Only User Role: Without API User Roles you would not be able to create an API User, just like without Admin User Profile one can not create an Admin user. 
  • Create an API Only User: Once your user roles are created, API ONLY user can be created. Here's the documentation on How to Create an API Only User 

Hope this helps! 

Thanks! 

Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Hello Aspirants (@kishore1176 , @tamcaoessent, Parth Sharma and @Ankitaa_1998 )

I hope you all may have went thru this documentation which explains scoring weightage and exam structure for your MCE exam. In case you haven't, please spend sometime to understand your Certification journey for Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert

Section 1: Administration and Maintenance (12%): 

Section 2: Marketing Activities/Campaign Management (46%)

Section 3: Lead Management (12%)

Section 4: Data Management (10%)

Section 5: Reporting (4%)

Section 6: Best Practices (16%)

Passing Score: 32/50
Time: 100 mins

Can you all please share your quick intro followed by your Marketo experience level? What are the topics that you usually practice with Markteo, say email builds, programs, reports, etc...? Any specific topics which you find complex and would want me to share my thoughts on, lmk? 

Don't hesitate to ask any Marketo related question, don't bother if you feel you have silly question and would want to validate those with me. 

I look forward with our Marketo certification journey partnership. Wish you all luck!! 

Meanwhile, if you would like to connect on LinkedIn here's my profile.

tamcaoessent
Level 2

Hello, I work for Essent Guaranty, a private mortgage insurance company, outside of Philadelphia. I’m looking to get certified as Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert before the end of this year. I have about 3 years of Marketo experience working as a marketing user role, creating and sending rep emails on behalf my sales team.

My responsibly has expanded into an admin role where I need to broaden my knowledge skill beyond the basics of creating and sending emails. My focus this year have been email deliverability, campaign management, data cleansing and building engagement programs. I’m excited and looking to broaden my Marketo skill in this community thread.

Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Hello Everyone,

Here's a quick quiz for this week. 

Please make sure to share your responses; 

Q) Marketo Admin user does not have the power to configure? 

a) Email From Address and From Label

b) Custom Landing Page URLs

c) Tracking across multiple domains

d) Language and Currency localization

tamcaoessent
Level 2

Hi Priyank,  is C the answer to the quiz question?

Thanks,

Tam