Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Nehansh Jain] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

suanntan
Level 3

Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Nehansh Jain] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Thank you @Nehansh !

suanntan
Level 3

Hi @Nehansh , 

In our instance of Marketo we use 2 unique identifiers due to the nature of our audience, email address and a custom field.

When conducting A/B tests, do you have thoughts on how we can ensure records do not get both test & winner emails? Or is that not possible since Marketo keys off a single email address?

Nehansh
Level 4

Hi @suanntan,
I also came across a similar situation recently and as per my analysis. When we have a composite key for deduplication i.e. Email Address + Custom field, in that case the marketo campaign's usual dedupe logics work based on email address only.
If you try sending 2 such records an email from the same campaign then the email will go out only once. But this behaviour may not apply to A/B tests.

Please refer these community articles:
Received 2 Emails in the A/B Test: Test and Winner - Marketing Nation (marketo.com)
Solved: Duplicate in AB test - Marketing Nation (marketo.com)