Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Erin Pollack] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

JeffHensiek
Level 4

Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Erin Pollack] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Thank you for the dialogue, @suneethadadi31 .

I think you're right... that if a campaign is still gathering information - that would be a good reason to keep the campaign.  In my mind, I'd probably keep that as an active campaign in the "Marketing Activities" area.

Once a campaign is over, I'd probably move a campaign to "Archive".  And, at that point, I would unpublish all landing pages (that's a best practice we've established here at my company, this way old pages/campaigns/forms/etc., are not able to be found online).

So, in this case, I'm wondering if there's a way to remove those campaigns from being found in the "Campaign Inspector" area of our Marketing Activities section (of course, those campaigns are no longer running and therefore, they are not taking up any sort of bandwidth and shouldn't be causing any latency in the system).  Just thinking about ways to keep the instance super 'clean'.

Jeff Hensiek
Marketing Automation Program Manager
suneethadadi31
Level 3

@JeffHensiek - To the best of my knowledge, I don't think we currently have that option available. The filters typically prompt you to specify your current needs (such as active, inactive, batch, etc.). I completely agree that a cleaner instance leads to fewer complications.

suneethadadi31_0-1719381356850.png

Thanks,

Suneetha

JeffHensiek
Level 4

Question to the group.

We're building out some custom 'signatures' for our sales team and I have a question regarding the formatting of the custom fields.

I'm getting stuck on two field... the name, and the URL (the appointment scheduling URL - e.g., Calendly, and their specific landing page.)

My question is this... how would you format the fields?

For the Name (first and last - joined together - e.g., 'Jeff Hensiek'), I currently have it as a String - Not sure that's the best.  it renders well in the HTML version of the email, however, when I populate the value in the TEXT version of the email, it puts the HTML for a space in there (e.g., Jeff Hensiek).  So, I'm thinking I may have to switch it to a "Text Area".

How would you go about formatting the URL field?

What would be the pros/cons of the URL being a "URL" field type vs, a "STRING" field type?

I can provide more detail if you'd like... just thought I'd start the conversation with this short question.

Thoughts?

Jeff Hensiek
JeffHensiek
Level 4

OK - crew...

Here's where we're going with this question ("URL" field type vs, a "STRING" field type) and our logic behind this option.

For the "Name" field, we're going to be switching over to a "Text" field.  The STRING field is changing the space between the first and last names to some HTML code (e.g., ' ' - resulting in "Jeff Hensiek").  Our hope is that moving to the "TEXT" field will allow us to adopt/keep the space in the name field.

Regarding the URL... our initial tests have not really shown much difference between the URL and the STRING.  

Therefore, I'm going to be putting this into a STRING format.  Why not a URL format?  That's goes into how our company is configured overall.  We have a platform called CloudFlare that is used as an added layer of protection.  In our experience, it has a tendency to append characters to a URL when it is delivered.  While the URL still fires as intended, the Text version of the URL comes across in an ugly manner.  Therefore, we're looking to use the STRIG format to help overcome this with our emails.  

Regardless of the STRING format, we're still able to embed this URL (through the use of a Dynamic Snippet and Segmentation*) into the code of the HTML email and also as text in the text version of the emails.  So, our end result, doesn't appear to have been changed at all.

Anyway, that's what we're doing (at least for now πŸ˜‰ - until someone points out the differences that I have missed).

*Dynamic Snippet and Segmentation - if you'd like to hear how we've created ours... feel free to ask... I've left that portion out of this post for brevity.  πŸ˜‚

Jeff Hensiek
JeffHensiek
Level 4

Recent update on the String/text field for the name.

On Friday, I did a rebuild of the signature functionality and used the "Text Field" in place of the "String" for the Sales Reps name.  

During testing, the same issue developed (e.g., the sales reps name is coming up as "Jeff Hensiek" - instead of "Jeff Hensiek").  

So, Now, I'm thinking that I should have split out the data into First, Last fields.  I went the other direction initially because the data source keeps them together, however, now, I think I'll have to parse them out and build out separate fields - one for first name and one for last name.

The saga continues!!

Jeff Hensiek
JeffHensiek
Level 4

General question to the group around CC'ing people on an email.

We're looking to set up a campaign where our sales team would be CC'd on an email.  

we have 50 people on our sales team and each sales rep is assigned to ~2,000 people.  If we set up the email CC functionality, will each sales rep receive ~2,000 emails when the campaign goes out?

Based on how I read the "how-to" section of this function - and how the sales reps activities in the email itself (e.g., clicks or even landing page visits/clicks) will be reflected on the primary persons record - I'm thinking that the sales rep would indeed receive ~2,000 emails.  

Could someone confirm this logic - or, help to steer me in the right direction?

I guess, the idea would be to just have the sales rep receive a single email so that they had a "heads up" that the emails went out.

Thoughts?

Jeff Hensiek
sadhanaravuri34
Level 3

Hi @JeffHensiek 

I think I would agree that the sales rep would receive 2000 emails based on the below sentence I have read in the Email CC article: 

• After an email campaign is executed, Send Email activity will include a list of all CC addresses that were included for each recipient of the mailing. If any CC addresses were skipped due to unsubscribe, it will be noted in the activity as well.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/email-marketing/general/email-...

As an alternative, I would recommend adding the sales reps' emails in the smart list itself as the purpose is just to let them know that the email has been triggered.

What do you think? πŸ™‚

JeffHensiek
Level 4

@sadhanaravuri34 , Yes, I agree... I think that would be a better solution.  No need to clunk up their inboxes. πŸ˜

Jeff Hensiek
suneethadadi31
Level 3

@JeffHensiek -

Perhaps including a seed list when scheduling the email run could help with testing and monitoring email deliverability. A "seed list" consists of specific email addresses used for these purposes.

Additionally, creating a subscription report for the sales team to track KPIs might also be beneficial. This report could provide valuable insights.

Do you think these suggestions might be helpful?

(Apologies for jumping in on this thread, but I wanted to share my thoughts) 

Thanks,

Suneetha

JeffHensiek
Level 4

Ok Team.

Here's a new question for us.  

We're in the process of rolling out a bunch of individual landing pages for some of our larger clients (I can explain the use case more if you'd like... just trying to stay brief).  These are essentially, "Resources" pages for them with gated content and lead capture.

Currently, each company receives their own co-branded landing page.  What I'd like to do is to build out the overall configuration so that everyone uses just one landing page... and the elements of the page are dynamic based on the URL parameters.

To further explain... this is a little more than dynamic insertion based on Segments or Tokens because many of these people won't be in our system... therefore, the Marketo Munchkin code won't populate, and there's no database for Marketo to refer to regarding a token... these are anonymous visitors.  

So, How do I change content based on the URL parameter?  For example, how do I trigger a logo to be swapped out based on the URL Parameter?

Thoughts from the group?

Jeff Hensiek