Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Clement Mak] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Clement
Level 4

Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Clement Mak] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi @Amarjit_Hayer @aditik @rross1CY @khanson20 @KSBingham @EmanEspares 

We have reached the final week of this mentorship program! 

Please run through Section 4: Analyzing and Building Reports in the Exam Prep Guide, and attempt the quiz on Section 3: Defining and Targeting Audiences.

I will be posting the final quiz at the end of this week. Meanwhile, I would also encourage all of you to attempt the practice test available in the Adobe Certification Exam Prep Portal. This should give you a better feel of the certification questions and identify specific topics that you are still unsure of.

Looking forward to finding out how prepared you are, and any further questions you may have!

Amarjit_Hayer
Level 2

@Clement 

I don’t understand the sync to Marketo logic when a Salesforce campaign is linked to a Marketo program, hoping you could help.

Our sales teams do not have access to Marketo, but our Marketo event programs are linked to Salesforce campaigns so our sales teams can see all registrations as they come in.

Often I am asked to show the sales team who the targeted audience would be before we send an invite email.  I build that logic in Marketo as I am limited to 20 filters in Salesforce which doesn’t allow for the industry/role selections and cover our CASL obligations.

Since the Marketo program and Salesforce campaign are linked, I always have problems adding people to the Salesforce campaign so that the sales team can review the audience. 

1. I have tried to Change the program status to targeted in the flow step, and it skips them all with the message β€˜Do Nothing' was set for this choice, 268 people skipped’
  2. Then I tried to Add to Salesforce campaign, which also failed with the same message β€˜Do Nothing' was set for this choice, 268 people skipped’
  3. I have also tried cloning this smart campaign and moved it out of the event program, but still get the same message, 'Skipped execution due to that the SFDC campaign was linked with a program'

What is the best way to push a target audience into Salesforce without sending them an email so the sales team can review the target audience in linked programs?

Marketo support keeps sending me to the same page  which doesn't work in this scenario.

If I un-sync the Marketo program from the Salesforce campaign, then run this Add to Salesforce campaign flow step, will Marketo automatically re-sync anyone that comes in during that period when I re-sync the two again?

Another option is to create a separate child campaign in Salesforce that we could use for the target audience review, and ultimately use that for the email send.  Add to Salesforce campaign would work in this scenario.

What would you suggest?

Amarjit
Clement
Level 4

Hey @Amarjit_Hayer 

β€œAdd to SFDC campaign” flow step will skip leads who are already a member of the specified SFDC campaign.

Could you check if any of these 268 leads are already a member of the SFDC campaign? 

If this is the case, I would recommend using a β€œChange status in SFDC campaign” flow step instead (which is different from β€œChange program status”). 

β€œChange status in SFDC campaign” should also add and sync any new leads who are not a member of the SFDC campaign yet. 

There shouldn’t be a need to unsync and resync your campaigns. When your Marketo and SFDC campaigns are synced, the program members and statuses are kept in sync and reflected on both Marketo and SFDC. 

That said, I believe the issue here is that your leads will only become members of the campaign after the program has ran and the invite has been sent. Hence, you won’t be able to see the target audience in SFDC until after the program has ran. 

Perhaps you can try running the program once with the β€œChange status in SFDC campaign” flow step and without any β€œSend email” flow step. This should update the targeted leads’ program membership and status, which will be reflected in SFDC as well. 

When you are ready to send the invite using the same smart campaign, just remember to set it to allow the same leads to run through the flow every time / at least more than once. Otherwise, they will not be able to flow through the campaign again and will thus not receive the invite. 

Let me know how it goes, and if you have any further questions πŸ™‚ 

Amarjit_Hayer
Level 2

Hi @Clement 

Thank you for responding and suggesting a solution.  At the time of posting this comment, we had a total of 71 people registered for the event, so even if they were a part of the 268, that still should have left 197 to go through the flow successfully, which they didn't.

Unfortunately, changing the sfdc status flow step also skipped execution - stating 'Skipped execution due to that the SFDC campaign was linked with a program.'

Marketo support also seems to have given up on helping resolving this, I haven't heard back from them for a few days now, not even to say a solution was offered and the case is being closed LOL

Due to time issues, I have resorted to adding these people into a new campaign so sales can review the target audience.

Based on the various attempts, either something changed in Marketo recently, or you simply cannot add/change anyone's status unless you actually send them an email and they become members of the program when the sfdc campaign is synced.

Just wish there was documentation to confirm this, or tell me what I am doing wrong 😞

Amarjit
Clement
Level 4

Hi @Amarjit_Hayer 

Glad that you've found an interim solution! 

Unfortunately, I'm not using SFDC currently so I'm unable to troubleshoot on my end β˜ΉοΈ Hope Marketo support comes back to you on this!

aditik
Level 2

Hi Clement,

I just wanted to know that
1. Is there any way to change the channel of program after some members are added to the event ?
2. What to do if background image is not working over outlook emails?

Looking forward to your answer.

Best,
Aditi

Clement
Level 4

Hi @aditik 

No, you will not be able to change the channel once the program / event has members. You will need to create a new program and add the members again. 

If the broken images are isolated to Outlook only, I believe it is likely due to issues in your email syntax or Outlook configuration. I would suggest to test the email with different accounts / devices (preferably across Outlook Web, Desktop and Mobile App) and check your CSS/HTML. 

Clement
Level 4

Hi @aditik @Amarjit_Hayer @rross1CY @khanson20 @KSBingham @EmanEspares 

Here’s the quiz on (Section 4) Analyzing and Building Reports. 

Which Adobe Marketo Engage report should you use to analyze the performance of  specific email programs, including metrics like open rates, click-through rates, and bounce rates?

A) People Performance
B) Program Performance
C) Email Performance
D) Email Link Performance

Please reply to this post with your answer by Tuesday, 25 June. 

Do also let me know if you intend to take the Adobe Marketo Engage Professional (AD0-E555) exam and whether you have already booked it. 

Amarjit_Hayer
Level 2

@Clement 

I haven't had a chance to read the section on reports yet, which I also do not use in my daily work, but I would guess it would be an email performance report, just by the name.  I will come back and update my answer if after reading I feel it needs to.

Amarjit
Clement
Level 4

@Amarjit_Hayer that’s a very good guess! 

Hi @aditik @rross1CY @khanson20 @KSBingham @EmanEspares 

The correct answer is C) Email Performance.

For this section, you will likely need to memorize the key purpose / differences of each report - especially those that you are not actively using. 

That said, only around 9% of the exam will be on Section 4: Analyzing and building reports, so I wouldn’t spend too much time preparing for this section either.