Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Alysha Khan] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

alysha_khan23
Level 4 - Champion

Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Alysha Khan] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Oh yeah, that thread is from 2017 so the overall concepts might still apply but the exam has changed a lot since then.

alysha_khan23
Level 4 - Champion

@yakshisharma @suneethadadi31 @lizmalinowski @DaveSilva @ellekay 

Try this link for the exam prep guide - https://app.rockinfo.com/courses/144

Let me know if this works!

suneethadadi31
Level 3

@alysha_khan23 - Thank you it works

yakshisharma
Level 2

Yes this link is working

alysha_khan23
Level 4 - Champion

@ellekay @DaveSilva @Greninja - Got a specific nudge for you three πŸ™‚ Haven't seen a ton of comments for y'all so want to make sure you're getting your questions answers. Let me know how I can be helpful!

DaveSilva
Level 2

Hi Alysha,

I've been following along in the thread -- just haven't had many questions about the prep material so far.

However, one thing that came up with me team is the execution order of campaign processing.

I found the articles below, which outline the priority, but they don't seem to go into detail about how prioritization works when multiple campaigns are essentially the same. If they are set to the same priority, and contain the same flow steps (say, an alert), but for different alerts, does it just come down to alphabetical order? Or perhaps creation date of the campaign?

How Campaign Processing Works - Marketing Nation (marketo.com)

How to Control Order of Operations in Marketo - Marketing Nation

alysha_khan23
Level 4 - Champion

@DaveSilva Great question! It will be based on the time stamp of when the campaign was added to queue to run. If something of higher priority comes into the queue then it would take priority and then return to the queue based on when the lower priority things were added.

DaveSilva
Level 2

That makes sense, but what if they should both qualify to enter the queue at the same time?

I couldn't find any documentation on how Marketo decides to queue up campaigns that are equivalent in every way -- other than alphabetical name or creation date, or something. 

alysha_khan23
Level 4 - Champion

@DaveSilva I'm honestly not sure! I would recommend posting a separate question in Marketing Nation to see if other folks can help you out. I would also be curious about what scenarios you're team is facing in which this matters. 

DaveSilva
Level 2

We have a number of normalization programs that are similar, but for a variety of different fields/data, so I got curious in what order they would fire on new records being created. A temporary curiosity, because we’re rebuilding it all as executable programs and a central controller so we can guarantee the order they run in.