Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Alysha Khan] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Alysha Khan] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hello Community, 

Welcome to the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Alysha Khan (@alysha_khan23) who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Marketo Engage questions as you prepare for your Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert (AD0-E559) exam, through to the end of the program.  

A little bit about your Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentor, Alysha:

Alysha Headshot.jpg

Alysha Khan is an Adobe Marketo Engage Champion and a certified Marketo architect in the Chicagoland area with a passion for campaign operations and building robust, scalable processes. In her current role as a Consulting Services Manager at Etumos, she is defining what it means to run a Center of Excellence at scale, coaching a team of consultants to be their best MOPs selves and providing strategic campaign operations guidance to top B2B SaaS companies. Alysha also loves coffee, cats, and stickers.

 

Aspirants mapped to @alysha_khan23

1. @ellekay 

2. @lizmalinowski 
  3. @suneethadadi31 
  4. @DaveSilva 
  5. @yakshisharma 
  6. @Greninja 

How to Participate  

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Marketo Engage Certification during the duration of the program: May 17th , 2024 – June 21st, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor Alysha, and your fellow Aspirant peers.  
  3. You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate!  

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants: 

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants. 
  • Like this thread to confirm your participation in the program 
  • Introduce yourself to Alysha and your Aspirant peers by replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Marketo Engage 
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner Expert (AD0-E559) certification
  • Test your Marketo Engage knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Marketo Engage Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs! 
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Marketo Engage Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts! 

Quick links  

We're wishing you all the best as you embark on this learning journey!  

Cheers,  

Jon 

102 REPLIES 102
alysha_khan23
Level 4 - Champion

Re: πŸ—£οΈ [Mentor Alysha Khan] 🌟 Adobe Marketo Engage Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Hi everyone! Excited to get started here!

Before we kick-off, I would love learn more about each of you. Feel free to share some details and then answer the following questions:

• How long have you been using Marketo?
  • How do use Marketo in your current role/previous roles?
  • What areas of Marketo are you most comfortable with?
  • What areas of Marketo are you least comfortable with?
suneethadadi31
Level 3

Hi Alysha,

I'm Suneetha, with about 14 years of experience in Marketing operations ( including lead generation, email marketing, campaign management, and database management, among others.)

For the past 5 to 6 years, I've been proficient in using Marketo.

To address your questions:

• How long have you been using Marketo?
    Ans: As previously mentioned, I've been using it for the past 5 to 6 years.

• How do you use Marketo in your current role/previous roles?
    Mainly for campaign management.

• What areas of Marketo are you most comfortable with?
    I'm most at ease with Marketing Activities, Design Studio (particularly forms and asset uploads), Database (for segmentation), and while I'm not entirely familiar with Admin, I am comfortable with it to some extent.

• What areas of Marketo are you least comfortable with?
    Could you please specify a few areas, and I'll address them accordingly?

Hope this provides more insight.

Cheers,

Suneetha

DaveSilva
Level 2

Hi fellow aspirants!

I live in Brampton (Toronto-area), Canada, working as the Marketing Technology Manager for Fiix by Rockwell Automaton.

I'm a once-again user of Marketo, for a total of about 3 years' experience. I've also used Pardot, HubSpot, and Silverpop for a few years each. The one constant has been Salesforce. So if you have SF-MAP questions, let me know!

I look forward to learning with y'all, especially @alysha_khan23

- Dave

yakshisharma
Level 2

Hi Alysha,

I am using Marketo since 2.5 years, doing Assets and Operations both. I have Mainly used Design Studio and Marketing Activities. Regarding your questions:-

• How long have you been using Marketo? 2.5 years
  • How do use Marketo in your current role/previous roles? Assets and Campaign Management
  • What areas of Marketo are you most comfortable with? Design Studio and Marketing Activities
  • What areas of Marketo are you least comfortable with? Analytics and Admin
yakshisharma
Level 2

Hello All,

I have 2 questions to Ask. 

1) How can we integrate Marketo Event Program with SFDC campaigns?

2) For any event, How can people registering for an event be added to a static list in the Database using APIs?

Tags (1)
alysha_khan23
Level 4 - Champion

Hi Yakshi!

There are two primary ways to sync Marketo Event Program with SFDC campaigns:

1. At the program using the Salesforce Campaign Sync on the Summary tab to select either a pre-exisiting SFDC campaign or create a new one. Using this method means all records in the program will automatically sync over as soon as they are added to the program but you won't have an visibility if the sync fails for a record.

Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 11.38.20β€―AM.png

2. Using flow steps in a smart campaign to manually send over specific sets of contacts and set their statuses. This method is much granular and allows you to selectively choose which contacts to sync. Additionally, if the sync fails, you'll be able to see why under the Results tab.

Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 11.38.44β€―AM.png

yakshisharma
Level 2

Hi Alysha,

Really appreciate your quick turnaround response. Can you please guide regarding my 2nd question also? This question is not related to SFDC.

For any event, How can people registering for an event be added to a static list in the Database using APIs?

alysha_khan23
Level 4 - Champion

Hi Yakshi! Apologies for missing the second question! You don't need to use an API (unless there is a more complex use case that you didn't mention).

You would just need to create the Static List in the Database as shown below.

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 11.49.40β€―AM.png

And then you can reference that Static List in any Smart Campaign in Marketing Activities using an Add to List flow step.

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 11.49.54β€―AM.png

 Let me know if that make sense!

yakshisharma
Level 2

Hi Alysha,

Yes this definately makes sense.  One more question please. We have to send a campaign and we are given an audience database which will be divided into 20%, 30% and 50% randomly and campaign will be sent on 3 different dates to these randomly divided audience. How can we do this Random audience division in Marketo campaigns?