Hello. I am new to Marketo. I need to create and send Сustomized emails but on the last step I receive error: "1003 Error: Trigger campaign not allowed".
Here are the steps I do:
- First configure a program like here https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Create+a+Program
- Then create new email as described here https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Create+a+New+Email (be sure to select Operational Email option) and approve it
- Create tokens as described there: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Managing+My+Tokens and put them into my email
- Create campaign as here https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Create+a+New+Smart+Campaign
- Go to campaign settings and (as on http://developers.marketo.com/blog/sending-transactional-emails-with-the-marketo-rest-api-part-1/)
---- Configure Smart List with the Campaign is Requested trigger (Web Service API must be selected) and Added to List trigger to send emails to the members of this list (is it correct?).
---- Configure the flow to point a Send Email step to our email.
When I make a Schedule Campaign API call with all tokens sent correctly I receive 1003 Error: Trigger campaign not allowed.
Can you help me to solve the problem? I believe answer is somewhere around here but I can't see it.
can you send screenshots of your program, smart list and flows of the smart campaign you are running?
You're calling the schedule campaign endpoint, which is meant to schedule a batch campaign to run in the future, but your campaign is a trigger campaign. You want to use the Request Campaign endpoint instead http://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/endpoint-reference/lead-database-endpoint-reference/#!/Campai...