As the way we communicate with customers & prospects becomes more fluid, Chatbots have gradually become a part of modern marketing efforts. Curating conversations that are targeted and personalized is the key to creating a positive conversational experience for every web visitor.
And when it comes to collecting relevant information about the visitor and creating target campaigns, Marketo is definitely a class act. It offers an easy-to-use interface to target both prospects and accounts visiting your website.
Communicating in dialogues is a more accessible and clear approach to conveying information to website visitors. When the dialogue structure is well-planned and well-written, the chatbot will always reply with relevant information to answer visitors’ inquiries and guide them through conversations all as planned.
However, to stay on top of your customer support game, you must emphasize the efficient styles of writing bot dialogues so that your organization can deliver a more humanized experience to the website visitors.
Here, we’ll talk about the essential things you need to keep in mind while writing dialogues for conversational UI in Marketo. So, let’s dive in!
Points to Remember Before You Start Writing Dialogues
Before jumping into the dialogue writing process, start by considering your business core processes and services. Then, consider the following points before you start writing dialogues.
- Identify the landing pages where you want to implement the dynamic chat
- Identify the queries that a Chabot can respond to enhance the visitor experience
- Define a process to identify MQLs/SQLs.
- Find out where additional assistance is needed and from whom?
After defining the above points, start with the chatbot execution process. To do this, you need to:
- Create a story first
- Creating the bot is second
- Identify the relevant Q & A that your customers will possibly have during their entire buyer journey
How to Write Dynamic Chat Dialogues In Marketo
Now that we have established the points that you need to consider before writing dynamic dialogues, let’s dive into the ‘how’ part.
- Define Business Objectives and Chatbot Roles: An efficient chatbot is designed with defined business objectives in mind. Whether to guide the visitors through the website pages, take orders or provide assistance to customers, there must be a clarity of goals for the chatbot to perform optimally and respond to queries effectively.
- Endow Your Bot a Personality: The character and tone of your chatbot should level up with the brand image.
- Build the Dialogue Flow/Tree: The best chatbot dialogues are always designed based on the expected conversation flows between the chatbot and the visitors. By crafting the dialogue tree, you would be aware of the pattern of queries visitors might have and the expected answer the chatbot needs to pop out.
- Introduce Your Chatbot: From the very beginning, the visitors deserve to know whether they are talking with a human or a chatbot. So, introduce your chatbot with a name.
- Personalize the Conversation: Whether you’re selling a service or marketing a product, personalization always works. Make sure that you’re offering personalized conversations to your website visitors in order to make them feel connected to your brand.
- Keep it Simple and User-Friendly: The more user-friendly your chatbot is, the more visitors will lean towards it. To achieve the same, make sure your responses are to the point, short, and written in simple language.
- Guide Your Users Proactively: Your chatbot should drive the conversations and direct the visitors to the next step. Make sure the chatbot is proactive enough when it comes to driving the conversations in the desired direction.
- Add Emotion Appeal: Emotionless conversations feel drab and boring. You can make your conversations more engaging by adding empathy statements in the dialogues.
- Put Your Conversation Flow to the Test: As you write and rewrite your dialogues, read it out loud to yourself. This will help to spot mistakes or awkward moments, and ultimately fix them.
- Wrap Up the Conversation: Wrapping up a chatbot conversation may seem like a wasted effort. However, real conversations have endings. When crafting your dialogues, try to avoid dead ends and leave the user hanging.
- Use Reports and Recreate the conversation if needed: Use interaction stats/reports to analyze the dialogue performance and recreate conversations when needed.
Most Common Use Cases of Chatbot Dialogues
Below are the most common use cases for chatbot dialogues:
- Lead Generation – Use the chatbot scripts to collect visitor data, understand customer behavior better, pre-qualify leads and drive leads effortlessly.
- Marketing – You can give your business a much-needed boost with a chatbot script for marketing and use the dialogues to ensure effective conversations with visitors.
- Customer Support – Get the most out of every conversation with visitors using a customer support chatbot script.
- Pricing – A dedicated pricing query chatbot script can handle user queries efficiently. Also, It guides visitors with the right product and pricing information.
While creating dynamic chat dialogues in Marketo, your key focus should be crafting humanlike dialogues to ensure an efficient and meaningful conversation experience for visitors. And when you do this, the customers will get the more humanized experience that they always crave while chatting with a chatbot.