A colleague of mine put together a nice summary of how cloning and sharing works across workspaces, which I thought might be a useful guide to share.
What Assets Can I Share Across Workspaces?
You can share these items across workspaces:
- Email Templates (found in Design Studio)
- Landing Page Templates (found in Design Studio)
- Models (found in Lead Database)
- Smart Campaigns (found in Marketing Activities...but we really recommend not having standalone smart campaigns)
- Smart Lists (found in Lead Database)
- Segmentations (found in Lead Database)
- Snippets (found in Design Studio)
How Do I Share Assets?
- Determine what you want to be shared (e.g. Landing Page Templates)
- Right click and select New Folder
- Name the folder you plan to share
- Move the assets you want to share to the folder
- Right-click the folder and select Share Folder
- Select the workspace(s) you want to share the folder with. Click Save.
- The dialog displays the workspaces you have permissions to view.
- The originating folder displays in the Lead Database tree with an arrow indicating that it is shared with other workspaces. From within the shared workspace, the folder displays with a lock to indicate that the contents of the folder have been shared from another workspace and are read-only.
How Do I Clone Assets Across Workspaces?
For assets that aren't templates, its best to clone them as local assets inside of a program. With the proper access level, you can drag and drop these assets into another workspace:
- Programs (found in Marketing Activities)
- Emails (found in Marketing Activities & Design Studio)
- Landing Pages (found in Marketing Activities & Design Studio)
- Forms (found in Marketing Activities & Design Studio)
How Do I Move Assets to a New Workspace?
To move assets to a new workspace, put them into a folder and drag the folder over to the other workspace.
- Create a folder
- Clone the asset to the newly created folder NOTE: Form names must be unique. Append the asset name with the workspace name e.g. Content Form (UK)
- Drag the folder to the appropriate workspace
- Move asset to the correct folder within the target workspace