Company Info: HERO K12 | Department: MARKETING TEAM | Location: Miami Lakes, FL (preferred)
We're building a customer-centric company. You are a marketer who is a champion for customers. You believe marketing automation has come a long way since batch and blast, spray and pray, or whatever it used to be. You gravitate to marketing folks who let you geek out about behavioral data & multi-touch attribution. You are authentic. You believe that relationships of all sorts are built through many lightweight interactions over time. If this sounds like you, we need to talk. We are looking for a talented and driven B2B marketer to own demand generation and customer acquisition. At Hero, marketing is not a cost center, we are a quota-carrying revenue generation team. You will play an integral role on this team.
20% research & strategy, 20% database analysis, 20% program setup and testing, 20% hands-on program analytics, 10% writing, 10% creative
The Marketing Operations Manager serves as the company’s subject matter expert for all aspects of demand generation. You are responsible for maintaining and growing the company’s marketing automation programs. You will have a handle and input on the best tactics for every stage of our customers’ journey. You develop marketing activities that boost lead acquisition rates, funnel movement and enhance exposure within regional markets to support sales objectives.
You are a metrics-oriented “numbers” person with the ability to measure and track all marketing activity over time, break down complex programs and translate marketing analytics into actionable data. You can recognize trends and develop a proven process for future program iterations. You are able to report findings to coworkers and management in a way that allows them to understand what worked and why.
You can demonstrate your skills and tell us your story through your past work and campaign examples that you had a significant hand in deploying and measuring.
• Subject matter expert for marketing automation, demand generation, inbound, email and database marketing strategy.
• Responsible for marketing programs that span every stage of the customers journey.
• Provide strategic guidance, hands-on implementation, and reporting on the ROI of all marketing programs.
• Manage all databases associated with marketing which include: Marketo, Agile, Hero Product, Gainsight, Influitive and CRM (Synergy). This includes maintenance of existing data connections, and development of new ones where possible and appropriate.
• Manages and owns logic for lead scoring, nurturing, onboarding, and all marketing automation activities.
• Maintains monthly and quarterly metrics dashboard for all lead generation programs.
• Participates and helps develop KPI metrics for marketing, reported to leadership.
• Develops methods for tracking new opportunities created, conversion rates, and ROI for each marketing activity.
• Liaison for marketing department to sales, operations, and support.
• Develops program documentation to train sales that articulate details such as program objectives, target audience, key message, program sequencing, metrics and program details.
A week in the life of our Marketing Operations Manager
• Marketo Program Operations – maintain all aspects of program development, list management, opt-in/out, database performance, and analytics for this lifeblood tool.
• List maintenance – monthly imports of Agile data. In addition, merging agile data with CRM data to maintain an active list of Hero customers, and Hero champions, using customer ID and Agile ID as key values.
• Manage ongoing pay-per-click programming on Google AdWords.
• Manage ongoing SEO performance using MOZ.
• Assist with execution and coding of marketing website which could include: structural page layout, blog posts, customer stories, special landing pages, special tools and calculators.
• Maintain marketing website version control through our server based staging solution.
• Implement all click funnel and demand gen tactics on Hero marketing website.
• Maintain all logic and responsibility for form routing and sales team notifications for all marketing generated opportunities.
• Appropriately tag all programs for the purpose of behavioral analysis and multi-touch lead attribution.
• Reviews and tunes lead scoring engine in Marketo.
• Analyzes opportunity-close ratios, and tracks all marketing generated revenue.
• CRM reporting and data mining as needed.
Your hand in guiding strategy
• Assists with developing Marketing KPI dashboards for monthly, quarterly and annual review.
• Develops conversion metrics and key department mathematics to determine marketing’s contribution to sales revenue.
• 5-7 years in a similar role in corporate marketing, direct response marketing, app marketing, BtoB Software, SaaS company, or advertising agency work experience.
• An expert in your craft with a desire to continue learning, and pride in getting things done.
• A passion for customers and the ability to understand their journey and experience.
• Hands on experience with Marketo preferred (Hubspot, Eloqua, ActOn, Pardot also applicable).
• The only thing that motivates you more than an increase in ROI is creating the report that clearly proves what actions moved the needle.
• You have an analytical mindset. Decisions are easy for you because you test the options and let the numbers decide.
• Can honestly juggle multiple, very different tasks – sales call today, on-boarding handoff tomorrow, event promotion brainstorm the next day, reaction to Hero customer surveys the next, etc.
• Ability to represent marketing in cross-department situations.
• Hands-on experience implementing and optimizing SEM campaigns.
• Experience with advanced-level analytics. Ideally Google Analytics certified.
• Technically proficient with data collection methods, analytics tools and building reports.
• Experience with campaign testing and long-term ROI analysis.
• Experience with web campaigns and landing page strategy and optimization.
• Self-motivated with the ability to take direction and work collaboratively or independently when necessary.
• Desire to help create something big.
• People that have worked with you will attest to the above
Some things we might ask you in the interview
• Based on your research, tell me what Hero does for schools.
• What would make your next job the best job you’ve ever had?
• Show me examples of your work developing marketing programming that was successful. Why did it work?
• Tell me about a time you felt company leadership was wrong. What did you do?
• What movie, no matter how many times you’ve seen it, do you have to watch when it’s on?
• What’s the best feedback you’ve ever received? What did you do with it?
• What are you working on improving about yourself, or learning right now?
• BA/BS degree in Marketing or equivalent discipline
How to Apply
Email relevant examples of current or past work that you are proud of, along with your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Marketing Operations Manager" in the subject line. Submissions without cover letters will be dismissed.
About Marketing at Hero
The marketing team at Hero has been recognized as one of the most innovative teams in the country. We use state of the art tools, and employ an incredibly modern approach to the craft of Marketing. Our team is a mix of writers, designers, illustrators, storytellers, and creative technologists who work in collaboration to develop the voice of our brand. Marketing influences all departments in the organization in order to create a consistent message to our current and future customers.