Make the email preview link a sharable link

Make the email preview link a sharable link

Our team relies heavily on sample emails for review and approvals which has worked ok in the past, however as we use more and more dynamic content we are in need of a tool that gives the reviewer/approver full transparency into the email content. Our reviewers and approvers are often not Marketo users. Simply sending a sample email with the default content is not enough, but sending many versions of an email to reflect the dynamic content is also going to overwhelm the reviewer/approver. If we were able to send them a link to the email review screen instead (and add on some training of segments etc. so they understand what they are seeing) that would give them an easy way to check that the emails are set up as intended. It would be fine if the ability to view the email as a person is cut out, but the ability to see the segments is key. 

1 Comment
Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

his @jchris  I think this idea could have merit.

As I have been making more dynamic content emails ( multiple languages mostly) I too am looking at alternative option for reviewers.

From Preview using segmentation in Marketo I send a sample to a GMAIL account then copy the VIEW ONLINE link in the footer snippet, then share this link - usually a group of links for each language  in one email.

This works for nurture emails which maybe a bit longer.

For short blast emails I will send screenshots and maybe the Default English version as a sample.

Previously you could get a PREVIEW link from within Marketo, but this has disappeared in last year.